Meopta meopro

Bigboab29

Hi guys does anyone have any experience with the meopta meopro?? I'm thinking of selling my s&b 8x56 and replacing it with a meopro so I can have a bit more mag at a reasonable price.

Will I miss the s&b if I go for a meopta??

Cheers rob

Hi Bigboab, Have just put one on my mannlicher stutzen.It is nice tidy scope for the cash.Clear optics , pretty good in low-light. holds zero OK.Does what it says on the tin.S+B is a good scope for what you will gain on the magnification I would advise you keep S+B. Cheers High seat

First the rifle and now the scope!!

Me thinks you've got the seven year itch Boab. :rofl:

You won't get any better light gathering capabilities than your 8x56 S&B

Rgds, Buck.

i dont know about the meopro but i would say my artemis 2000 is better then s&b at low light or those every one loves s&b on this site so you will have to try one for your self

Yes I can't agree more lads, I used a artemis for several year's, the Czech's classic stalking scope.

Incidentally I'm a swaro man myself and do know S&B has a strong set of followers, horse's for course's eh!

SAM_0162.JPG

Rgds, Buck.

Started with a meopro r1r 3-12x56
Moved on to Zeiss 3-12x56 didnt like it
Moved on to a S&B 2.5-10x56
Now..............back on the meopta and I reckon its the best of the lot!

Meopta are excellant value for money and almost as good as S&B or Swarvorski but not quite. I have three Meopta scopes and rate them very highly but I wouldn't get rid of your Schmidt & Bender.

Although I own a meopta the only downside is the really poor adjustment range on the turrets. The glass is
good certainly not a match to the S&B's that I generally use, best advise keep the S&B!

i have a meopta meostar r1 and have just bought a zeiss duralyt and to be honest both scopes side by side i would have to say the meopta just beats the zeiss in low light and feels a little better made.

Although I own a meopta the only downside is the really poor adjustment range on the turrets. The glass is
good certainly not a match to the S&B's that I generally use, best advise keep the S&B!

Hi Joe,
I'm not quite sure what you mean by really poor adjustment range. I've read elsewhere that Meopta scopes had a reputation for for imprecise adjustments but haven't found that with any of my scopes. If you mean the amount of available adjustment I haven't found that to be the case either. Though two of my Meopta's have 30mm tubes which normally means a greater available adjustment range than 1" tubes. I haven't found a lack of adjustment with the 1" tube either but then that is centred pretty good in Optilock mounts anyway.

It's funny how scopes tend to be a bit of a subjective subject and come down to personnal taste. I've looked at Zeiss Duralyt also and wasn't impressed so decided to stay with Meopta, but I won't go as far as to say that they are better than S&B, not to my eye anyway. They come pretty close though. They are however much better than Leupold which are scopes roughly in the same price range.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice guys. Much appreciated. Well going buy the General sound of things I'm not going to get any better than my s&b so it think I'll try perservering with the lower mag and thick cross hairs just now - I love the scope for stalking but the only down side is that at 100 yards when sighting it in the target is tiny and the cross hairs so thick.

My new plan is still get a meopta but sell my Bushnell 6500 off 222 thy way I can compare the two:)

ps it's a 7 month itch buck. Only started in April!!lol

Mate instead of reading all they reviews and magazines get some work done then your head wont be pickled any more:rofl:

Im also a huge meopta fan and i swapped my s+b 8x56 for a meopta 3-12x50,already had a7x50 for years and they are absolutely bulletproof scopes and in the past couple of weeks scope has been clattered big time 3times and never moved zero at all,I also have a zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 and there really isnt anything between them,also the 4b reticule meopta has is great

Back