Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood??????

Blood??????

What ratio is best to dilute blood with water a is salt a must to add? Thinking would a more dilute mixture give the effect of a more aged trail??

no salt needed, just sive out the clots and freeze, take out as you need and refreeze, i use 25% water, some use 50% dont think it matters to much.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by forrestfarrier View Post
    What ratio is best to dilute blood with water a is salt a must to add? Thinking would a more dilute mixture give the effect of a more aged trail??
    Never, never use salt.

Do not dilute but filter.

You are trying to get as close to reality as possible.

Sound ta and is the blood bushwear sells worth using?

Is the blood bushwear sells real deer blood
    As close to reality as possible

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Do not know what they sell but it is probably better than nothing.

But living where you are you can surely get the real stuff by asking around.

just take your dog , leave it in the motor , shoot deer , go get the dog

Hopefully the dog will take to it that easily??! But also feel a few laid trails helps u to read and learn yours dogs reactions etc while hunting also can be stopped if it starts hunting game and can be kept on the straight and norrow!!! Think if u get the basics right the rest should follow?!

I start all my dogs on trails and move on to the real thing when they show thay are following the real trail not whatever they fancy, some take a long time to steady on a trail. The blood to begin with doesn't have to be deer blood but cow or even lamb will do, that may be easier to get. As for salt I don't use it, I split the clotts and take out the biggest and than put it into very clean washing up bottles, even quite large clotts will force through the squeeze nozle.

I use frozen cow blood that is available from most supermarkets here. I water it 50/50 because I'm tight and it lasts longer. The type of blood you use is not important. When you train a dog to retrieve you use a dummy. How much like a pheasant is a dummy in form or smell.
    The important thing with training to track is to get the dog to follow a cold trail in a calm manner. The dog should not see a deer till you have got the tracking training in place. All these people who think that dragging a pup round while stalking a will give them a good tracking dog are just talking böllocks