Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movement in Blaser stock

Movement in Blaser stock

Hi All,
    I have a Blaser R93 and I'm finding that when in the prone position and using a bipod that I get too much movement in the stock at the fore end. If you twist the grip slightly to just get the scope on target then this can cause the stock to touch the barrel, thus stopping it from osolating properly. Has anybody else noticed this, if so how did you fix it.
    HUGH shortfall in what is otherwise a great rifle. Any help greatly appreciated. No Blaser BASHING please, just need helpfull advice.
    Thanks
    Paul

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Paul

There is a hex bolt in the stock that attaches it to the front of the action - you needed to take the barrel off to see it, as it is below the barrel and lies horizontally (if that makes sense). Check to see if this bolt is tight. The one on my .308 was slightly loose, though not as much to allow that degree of flex.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Paul

Apparently the correct term is: "The forend attaches to the inner chassis member by an in-line, Allan bolt."

Check this PDF http://stevespages.com/pdf/blaser_r93.pdf and look at picture 9.1 and the accompanying text.

Hope this fixes things for you.

willie_gunn
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 30-12-2011 at 18:31.

Do what i did, buy a Sako 85.
    Huntingstella

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Paul

Apparently the correct term is: "The forend attaches to the inner chassis member by an in-line, Allan bolt."

Check this PDF http://stevespages.com/pdf/blaser_r93.pdf and look at picture 9.1 and the accompanying text.

Hope this fixes things for you.

willie_gunn

Hi

Thanks for the sugestion, but mine is the R93 Profesional with the intergrated trigger into the stock. See link. http://www.blaser.de/R93-Professional.123.0.html?&L=1 If one removes the barrel then the stock is very hollow underneath, leaving plenty of room for work. I thought it maybe possible to stiffen this up with some sort of strenthening compound. I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, or am I.

Thanks

Paul
    Last edited by 1st Pattern Paul; 30-12-2011 at 18:56. Reason: typo

How long have you had the rifle and/or the problem? Is it a standard barrel and stock combination? I have noticed a lot of movement with the match barrel and forend but they have not yet touched.

Paul

Ah, sorry about that. I have exactly the same model in .243 and haven't noticed any problems.

Willie_gunn

Paul,

I had a similar problem.

I fixed the issue by doing exactly what Willie suggests.

Regards

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by JVR.243 View Post
    How long have you had the rifle and/or the problem? Is it a standard barrel and stock combination? I have noticed a lot of movement with the match barrel and forend but they have not yet touched.
    Hi JVR, I've had the gun about three years now. It has always been a problem. I initially had it with a 300 win mag berrel on, it did it then. I have it with a .243 barrel on now and it's the same. I have just bought a .223 in the same set up and that the same to. I love the rifle, but this small flaw is very irritating. If you try just flexing/twisting the stock when there is no barrel on it then you can really see what I mean.

Thanks

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Paul

Ah, sorry about that. I have exactly the same model in .243 and haven't noticed any problems.

Willie_gunn
    Hi

Try taking the barrel off and if you twist/flex the empty stock you will see what I mean.

Thanks

Paul