Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excellent video of bullet flight and impact on Deer

Excellent video of bullet flight and impact on Deer

On another forum a chap posted this and it's blinder of a video clip:-

I thought it was very interesting to see the shock wave.

Nice video, but looked a little far back for my liking - liver and stomach area and judging by reaction to the shot it was a runner too......

aye good vid,notice the vortex of the bullet before it hit the poor bugger,then the bullet continuing to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    Nice video, but looked a little far back for my liking - liver and stomach area and judging by reaction to the shot it was a runner too......
    Agreed. I doubt the buck went far, but all the same it's not a shot I'd feel happy with, or want to upload to the Web for that matter.

Now why did I not realise that instead of just looking at the vortex of the bullet and the shock wav on the beasts side as I did that those here would have to make a meal of the shot placement . Now I come to think of it the wonder is that the distance the shot was taken at did not come in for criticism as well .

Me I just looked at the interesting, to me at least, film showing what I considered amazing. How many videos of deer shot are posted to u-tube and how many show the bullet in flight like this?

Perhaps the fact that in other places deer are shot in different ways:-

1) On the move such as in the French Le Chasse

2) Deer drives are the way deer are hunted

3) In some places shooting a staiotnary animal is considered Not Sporting (there has even been a recent thread on this)

4) In some place the way we do things would be considered odd and not the done thing.

I am sorry for assaulting you senses and morales by posting the link and shall try to remember how superior we all are in the UK .

Thanks for posting it up Brit I for one thought it was interesting. Remember the other posters are not criticising you but whoever took the shot. But talk is cheap!

Kevin

my comment was not an attack on you.

Neither was I criticising you for posting the link.

There are numerous slo mo vidoes on the internet showing impact, reaction and shock waves.

I was merly commenting that the point of impact appeared a little far back and the reaction to the shot was a "classic" gut shot.

Something that would be commented on by anyone interested in terminal ballistics and deer management.......and, for the record, it interests me not one jot the distance animals are taken, so long as the end result is a one shot kill with minimal suffering....
    Last edited by Ronin; 31-12-2011 at 10:27.

Cracking clip fella both of the bullet flight and impact.Dont know about the "runner" comment as those who havent had a beast run after the shot are usually liars or have shot a very small number of beasts.Nice find.

looks far enough forward to have caught the liver, I think they will be looking for a dead animal. I have just bought my self a 1000FPS camera and I am looking forward to seeing what I can pick up with it. by my maths I should get an image of my projectile every 2.5 feet of its flight or there abouts.

Dave

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    Kevin

my comment was not an attack on you.

Neither was I criticising you for posting the link.

There are numerous slo mo vidoes on the internet showing impact, reaction and shock waves.

I was merly commenting that the point of impact appeared a little far back and the reaction to the shot was a "classic" gut shot.

Something that would be commented on by anyone interested in terminal ballistics and deer management.......and, for the record, it interests me not one jot the distance animals are taken, so long as the end result is a one shot kill with minimal suffering....

It looks like a young white tail or similiar and the impact looked to be bang on lung and liver so is a good shot imo.