Le Chameau

RED-DOT

Got my GF a pair of LC leather wellies for Crimbo and the zips are impossible to pull up and down. I use the white wax bar on mine with keyring rings to pull but this pair is well stiffer and she cant pull them up or down... any ideas or should i reject them.

wife got me a new pair of wellies from these people 10 dec, and the strap adjusters have broken (both of them) so i can not adjust them on my leg,

sent an email 14 of dec 2011, still no reply ??

we will see what they do when they arrive on the reception desk with a copy of the bill. :(

bob.

send them back

Hi Simon :) the torch is flipin stunning by the way.

happy new year buddy to you and yours.

Got my GF a pair of LC leather wellies for Crimbo and the zips are impossible to pull up and down. I use the white wax bar on mine with keyring rings to pull but this pair is well stiffer and she cant pull them up or down... any ideas or should i reject them.
A premium product at a premium price, get on to customer services without delay although in my experience their response was disappointing and I will not be buying any more of their products

when i was looking for wellies i went into glasgow fieldsports where i was shown 4 pairs of le chamue wellies that had been brought back with broken adjusters ,

Phew ! That's interesting I was looking at a pair this morning and was in two minds as they were not in the sale, I'm pleased I only bought a fleece facemask for a tenner instead || I'll keep looking.
Cheers
Fairacre

when i bought my neoprene lined wellies some years ago (they are still leak free!) they came with a free can of spray from Chameau for zips, but as said before take them back to the shop.
Cheers
Richard

Have you tried the silicon spray that comes with them? It may be all that's needed sprayed down into the zip to free them off. Perhaps the wax bar will not reach the sticky bit. I know mine were very sticky when new as well.

£300 wellies and the zip is so tight that the zip pull is on breaking point??? Tried the wax crayon and the silicon spray and that is about as far as i think i should go... i'm wating on a reply from LC. The "shop" is 60 miles away so i won't be going back there.

Send em back. There's another post on the go just now with feedback on le cham. I've had them for years and they're getting less and less reliable - I know a few folk who've struggled with the zips. I'm going elsewhere when the current le chams start leaking. Not value for money any more sadly.

£300 wellies and the zip is so tight that the zip pull is on breaking point??? Tried the wax crayon and the silicon spray and that is about as far as i think i should go... i'm wating on a reply from LC. The "shop" is 60 miles away so i won't be going back there.

LC Sales were closed over the Christmas week, so may be a bit behind - but should sort things for you. Janet is in charge of Customer Service (should you need it!).

E t R

If you have a problem with something you bought the contract is between you and the shop, it has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

If you have a problem with something you bought the contract is between you and the shop, it has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

Agreed from a legal perspective - but the manufacturer does hold the baby at the end of the day and can choose to deal with these things directly - and those that wish to protect their brand reputation tend to - as in this case. Brands like LC and Swarovski take their customer care extremely seriously, as several threads on this forum show. Further I think the OP already alluded to not wanting to deal with the retail outlest concerned. I'm confident he'll get the service and the outcome he wants promptly with direct contact in this case.

This was the reply.....

Hello Alex,

I have spoken to my colleague who deals with our returns and I explained your original email and the fact that you were so far away from your stockist etc. She said on this occasion and as a one off we could deal with you directly so what we would need you to do is to send us your partners clean boots along with a covering note outlining your concerns and with your contact details, please would you also mention these emails and why you are returning them directly. Please would you also enclose a copy of your proof of purchase as we will need this for a warranty claim.

The details to return the boots are F.A.O. Janet Jane, LLC Ltd, Bear House, Concorde Way, Fareham, Hampshire. PO15 5RL

All the best.

Back