Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poppins roe sack.

Poppins roe sack.

I was out this morning and got a chance to try out Poppins roe sack, I wouldn't normally put 2 in together but it was a short walk and my car was near a road. Plus they where two yearlings, so I can't see any problems with a large adult. Sack feels comfortable and strong and not to bulky when carrying empty.

All the best.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	727.0 KB 
ID:	11249Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	741.4 KB 
ID:	11250Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	597.5 KB 
ID:	11251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	536.6 KB 
ID:	11252Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	448.3 KB 
ID:	11253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	11254
    Last edited by 1shot; 31-12-2011 at 12:18. Reason: spelling

Established Poster
    Deer Dog Available

check oot the sock's

crackin roe sack jack,nice morning's work.
    maybe santa will bring you a pair of sock's next year.
    all the very best ,
    catch up with you soon,
    fbrad

Quote Originally Posted by fbrad View Post
    crackin roe sack jack,nice morning's work.
    maybe santa will bring you a pair of sock's next year.
    all the very best ,
    catch up with you soon,
    fbrad
    They're my lucky socks all the best mate.

I've had a sack from Poppins and to be truthful not sure I'll ever get another
    Quality counts
    I feel it may out live me
    Cracking value for a cracking sack

+ one with stone.
    great roe sack
    sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

ive just got a roe sack from poppins and they are very well made and very cleverly made two you can see in the 1st pic the little tubes of materiel which slip over the buckles on the straps which stop you scratching your rifle the only thing i think could make them better is if you could tie the two straps together across the chest but i think this could be said for all roe sacks

when we first made the sacks we did have a strap to secure over the chest but stoped doing them after i slipped over with a red hind weighing 80 pounds on my back and could not get up and had to get some body else to undo it so we gave up with it but mine still has still got the strap on it these can be put on if any body wants them you only have to ask

wish i'd seen that, i can imagine you stuck waving your arms and legs about. i'd have to take a picture before i helped you up. making me laugh just thinking about it.

Now I understand that Poppins makes good sacks that she sells to people on the site, however there are people on here who are trade members which mean they pay for their advertising, which in turn pays for the running of the site, which in turn enables Poppins to reach her customers. So the problem is that there is a certain group of members who are footing the bill for others to ply there their trade, is that fair? That is the question that we are asked by trade members who pick up on this sort of thing and it puts us In a very awkward position.

Our usual stance is that if you wish advertise you goods then you have to pay the rate, when this question has been raised before with Poppins she has stated all sorts about how much is charged for the items, how much the raw materials cost, how much she does or does not make out of each transaction. All well and good but what does that mean to our paying trade members? not a thing as they see it as they are paying the bill for someone else to sell their goods. We have turned a blind eye to the "unofficial" advertising that has been going on via the posts praising the goods but things have become more open lately with several threads dedicated to the roe sacks and members openly asking to be supplied. We have now reached the point where either the advertising is paid for, 10 per month is not a kings ransom, or any reference to this product ceases, this is not open to negotiation or discussion it has to be in order to be fair to everyone.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses