Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fathers advice please

Fathers advice please

Right chaps, need some advice off some of you dads out there. My misses was due with our first child 2 days ago. We now know that if she doesnt have it before she will be induced an the 10th. The problem iv got is that some pals are gathering north of the border on the 21st for a couple of days stalking. Now is this 2 soon, and if so just wondered how long you guys left it before disappearing for a couple of days without being threatend with divorce.
    Or will I simply not want to go away when the little bundle of joy arrives?
    Cheers. Matt.

tooooooooooo risky it will get brought up sometime in the future mate just you wait ,to be honest i was a sh=t dad till it was too late did what i wanted when i wanted ,got home one day and they were all gone you can always go stalking imho stay home a bit you may get to sneak out for an pm stalk close to home .
    regards
    norma

It all depends on the birth... My mrs had a C section and had to stay in hospital for a week, I used the time between hospital visits to sneak in an outing or two. She still thinks I was at home washing clothes and cleaning ready for their homecoming
    She may need a lot of help, she may not... if she does, that's what interferring mother in laws are for. Remember this is also a stressful time for you and what better way to de-stress than a weekend away with the lads.

If she gets post natal depression, you may as well put your guns up for sale
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5/284matt View Post
    Right chaps, need some advice off some of you dads out there. My misses was due with our first child 2 days ago. We now know that if she doesnt have it before she will be induced an the 10th. The problem iv got is that some pals are gathering north of the border on the 21st for a couple of days stalking. Now is this 2 soon, and if so just wondered how long you guys left it before disappearing for a couple of days without being threatend with divorce.
    Or will I simply not want to go away when the little bundle of joy arrives?
    Cheers. Matt.
    I expect that she would be reassured to know that you will be close by to support after the birth, especially if it does not go smoothly, once your baby arrives of course this will no doubt be its' mums focus of attention and it may seem like you could disappear unnoticed for a couple of days but ths is an occasion when appearances can be deceptive, my advice, stay at home.atb Tim

Nah, go stalking. But expect a little bit of flak and a trade off of some kind to make up for it.

Hi Matt,

If your wife was due 2 days ago and will be induced on the 10th, you are going 11 days later you should be fine, just ask you wife how she feels and try to get the mother in law to cover if needed. I asked my wife just and she said it would be cool as its 11 days after the birth, which is good for me as she is expecting our 4th in January.

ATB Daz

Your family is the most precious thing you will ever have, abuse it at your own peril.
    I think you know where you should be.............
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Hi Matt
    Best play safe and stay at home. Just to help you out, I'll go stalking for you instead.
    ATB
    Fairacre

Hi,
    Once the baby is born and it is confirmed that both are doing well at home I would open the convrsation with ' I as planning to cancel the trip ...' and see how that goes.

That is off course assuming that the arrival of your 1st doesnt change your immediate outlook and you feel you want to stay at home.

Wishing you and your new family all the best.

Robbie

stay home, trust me because if you become a weekend dad like yours truly,then thats even less stalking time.believe me.lol. stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough