Fathers advice please

6.5/284matt

Right chaps, need some advice off some of you dads out there. My misses was due with our first child 2 days ago. We now know that if she doesnt have it before she will be induced an the 10th. The problem iv got is that some pals are gathering north of the border on the 21st for a couple of days stalking. Now is this 2 soon, and if so just wondered how long you guys left it before disappearing for a couple of days without being threatend with divorce.
Or will I simply not want to go away when the little bundle of joy arrives?
Cheers. Matt.

tooooooooooo risky it will get brought up sometime in the future mate just you wait ,to be honest i was a sh=t dad till it was too late did what i wanted when i wanted ,got home one day and they were all gone :cry: you can always go stalking imho stay home a bit you may get to sneak out for an pm stalk close to home .
regards
norma

It all depends on the birth... My mrs had a C section and had to stay in hospital for a week, I used the time between hospital visits to sneak in an outing or two. She still thinks I was at home washing clothes and cleaning ready for their homecoming :D
She may need a lot of help, she may not... if she does, that's what interferring mother in laws are for. Remember this is also a stressful time for you and what better way to de-stress than a weekend away with the lads.

If she gets post natal depression, you may as well put your guns up for sale :lol:

Right chaps, need some advice off some of you dads out there. My misses was due with our first child 2 days ago. We now know that if she doesnt have it before she will be induced an the 10th. The problem iv got is that some pals are gathering north of the border on the 21st for a couple of days stalking. Now is this 2 soon, and if so just wondered how long you guys left it before disappearing for a couple of days without being threatend with divorce.
Or will I simply not want to go away when the little bundle of joy arrives?
Cheers. Matt.
I expect that she would be reassured to know that you will be close by to support after the birth, especially if it does not go smoothly, once your baby arrives of course this will no doubt be its' mums focus of attention and it may seem like you could disappear unnoticed for a couple of days but ths is an occasion when appearances can be deceptive, my advice, stay at home.atb Tim

Hi Matt,

If your wife was due 2 days ago and will be induced on the 10th, you are going 11 days later you should be fine, just ask you wife how she feels and try to get the mother in law to cover if needed. I asked my wife just and she said it would be cool as its 11 days after the birth, which is good for me as she is expecting our 4th in January.

ATB Daz

Your family is the most precious thing you will ever have, abuse it at your own peril.
I think you know where you should be.............

Hi Matt
Best play safe and stay at home. Just to help you out, I'll go stalking for you instead.
ATB
Fairacre

Hi,
Once the baby is born and it is confirmed that both are doing well at home I would open the convrsation with ' I as planning to cancel the trip ...' and see how that goes.

That is off course assuming that the arrival of your 1st doesnt change your immediate outlook and you feel you want to stay at home.

Wishing you and your new family all the best.

Robbie

stay home, trust me because if you become a weekend dad like yours truly,then thats even less stalking time.believe me.lol. stav

Relax - first children are always late - take your missus out for a sherry and bring her home over a well used country road. If that does not work give junior a poke in the eye.

Once the young un is here and your good lady is out of hospital you will find you are neither needed nor wanted - a disappearance on a stalking trip will probably be welcomed by all parties

Cheers
mac

Don't go - it's not worth it.
Get to know your new child or show some support to your missus.
You shouldn't have to ask, should you?

get the misses to have a good gulp of castor oil that will pop him/her out sharpish so you can get on stalking:coat: all the best for your new arrival,wayne

just asked the wife for her opinion she said it would be better to wait and see how mother and baby settle in when home you may not feel needed but you will be at some time if only as the tea maker for all the visitors that you will get ,also dont forget that people will want to take you out to wet the babies head :dummy:,make the most of the time they grow up to quickly.

I have two, one of each. The first, George, now 5, was late two days. Hannah, was early (typical girl) by 9 days. She's 3 next week.
Now I had surgery on my right shoulder 6 days after Hannah's birth, with the wife's permission, and I had to wear an elevated sling for 12 weeks!
This meant that daily my wife got herself up and ready, then George, then Hannah....then finally me!!
Now three years down the line, she STILL blames ME for the operation!!:banghead:
Whatever you decide to do regards the stalking, even IF the misses wants you out the way for a few days, you are guaranteed to be blamed in the future!!!

Anyway all the best for your forthcoming event, your life is about to change forever!!
Finally, if you haven't got that gucci bit of kit of kit you've been hankering for, get it now!!!:evil: as you are definitely not getting it afterwards!!

As long as you are there for the birth and you are a tentative father / husband for at least the 1st week crack on and go stalking that way we know that it wont be long before all your stalking kit along with anything else you ever enjoyed doing will be for sale at a knockdown price .:scared::rofl:
Ps whatever you and the mrs decide all the best to the 3 of you and a happy new yr

There is nothing worth missing the birth of your child. Raising children is an ongoing act of sacrifice; you might as well get used to it. You'll find that missing a weekend stalk is a small thing compared to the things you, I hope gladly, will give up in the future. Real men put their family before all else.~Muir

First child? If so ship her to mothers and fill yer boots a few days later, just encourage her to feed the baby via the udder ha ha all, the best, enjoy the early years (stalking)!!!!!!
And good luck!

Hello Matt,This is a terrible quandry you are in and I feel for you ...... Unfortunately whatever you decide to do will be wrong ! I have 2 girls aged 8 & 3 the 8 year old was born normally hence no issues afterwards but the 3 year old was born via a c section and because of the type of surgery the mother cant lift or drive for a while afterwards so you will need to be around for fetching and carrying etc....BUT if its a normal birth and all is well the mother will be on top of the job within a couple of days and you will be like a spare wheel........SO JUST GO STALKING and let them have some quality one on one bonding time.....BUT expect some flak from her whenever it suits her agenda!!!
( at times like that just remember we are men and we have broad shoulders and thick skin ) whilst we are talking about flak expect " incoming fire " from the mother in law......and on that subject do you know the difference between inlaws and outlaws ?..................outlaws are wanted.
all the best,lee

Back