Thread: Has any one got or used

Has any one got or used

Has any one got or used a remington 700 Alaskan ti and what do you think of it. I quite fancy one.
    many thanks CV

SD Regular
    I did pause for thought over buying one when the 280 Remington chambering option was offered.

However I dismissed it as too many "cons" and not enough "pros":

Don't like the barrel format, don't like the fact that it is a FOUR capacity magazine, don't like the fact that it has no iron sights, don't like the funny fluted bolt. Didn't like the flecked finish on the stock. Prefer all green or all grey on a stainless gun.

Did like the 24" barrel length. Very much!

So other than it was chambered for 280 Remington there was , for how and how I like to shoot, no redeeming features! And I would think that pencil barrel would start to throw shot gun pattern groups after three quick rounds heated it up.

Hi Dan,

I have a remington Alskan titanium 700 in 7mm08, I brought mine second hand from chris potters store this year and realy like it, its alot lighter than my remin 243 varmint with a big scope on it. As per the above comments, mine doesnt have Iron sights, and i've seen smaller barells.
    Its also nice and light even with a atec ccm4 mod up front,i notice that your in essex, if you want to catch up you more than welcome to have a go with it.
    I think you will have a problem trying to get hold of one as there discontinued, if you know of one, i would move fast.http://www.remington.com/products/fi...laskan-ti.aspx

Atb Matt and Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by 09mutley05 View Post
    Hi Dan,

I have a remington Alskan titanium 700 in 7mm08, I brought mine second hand from chris potters store this year and realy like it, its alot lighter than my remin 243 varmint with a big scope on it. As per the above comments, mine doesnt have Iron sights, and i've seen smaller barells.
    Its also nice and light even with a atec ccm4 mod up front,i notice that your in essex, if you want to catch up you more than welcome to have a go with it.
    I think you will have a problem trying to get hold of one as there discontinued, if you know of one, i would move fast.http://www.remington.com/products/fi...laskan-ti.aspx

Atb Matt and Happy New Year
    Thanks Matt I may well take you up on that im reall busy at the min with the shoot last few days plus beaters day I dont no weather im coming or going at the min. Thanks for the offer all the best and happy new year Dan

Not a problem Dan, i'll pm you my mobile, give me a call when you get a few minutes spare.

Atb Matt