Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent Scope

Decent Scope

Hi guys n gals, happy new year to you all.

I am taking my Z6i off my 260(which is being sold), and putting it on the 270, so will be looking for a new scope for my 'new' 308.
    I am looking for a decent scope to go on a 308 for stalking and some target shooting, prefer target type/'dialable' turrets, and an illuminated reticle.

Ideally 4-16 or 6-24 or thereabouts. 30mm tube preferably. Ideally not a nightforce as weight is an issue.

Let me know what you have and how much please upto about 800-1000 max (dont tell the mrs though!!!)

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by floyd; 01-01-2012 at 17:49.

How about a brand new Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 with mil dot ret, still in the box never mounted with flip up covers and everything (was going on a rifle but circumstances have changed) 350 recored special delivery.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    zeiss Conquest 6.5/20x50

rapid z 600 ret

boxed with the books etc,

target turrets

1" tube.

but it is in used condition with user marks etc but nothing bad just need to mention it,

i used it on my 6mm br for about 1 year to great effect, its now sitting on my 20 tactical and is a stunning scope for long range Varminting,

the RApid Z reticule is one of the best long range rets you'll find in a scope,

600+ shipping

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 01-01-2012 at 23:46.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thank you to the 3 who have taken the time to reply, unfortunately the first 2 scopes aren't what I am after.

Thanks again.

Bob, is the conquest illuminated??

floyd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    Thank you to the 3 who have taken the time to reply, unfortunately the first 2 scopes aren't what I am after.

Thanks again.

Bob, is the conquest illuminated??

floyd.
    hi floyd,

happy new year mate, the ret is not illuminated, and im glad as it would spoil, a wonderfull scope,

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 02-01-2012 at 19:31.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Hi bob cant agree more i personaly dont see what any shooter see's in illuminated rets and scope are ruined by making them illuminated.

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
    Hi bob cant agree more i personaly dont see what any shooter see's in illuminated rets and scope are ruined by making them illuminated.

paul
    hi paul

could not agree more, i have never in all my years in shooting both as a young man, a serving soldier, or as a 1/2 blind old fart now, ever seen the need for a ret that glows, more gadgets to go wrong and cost you more money too.

waste of good glass IMO,

bob.

Bob n Paul, I'm glad neither of you like the illuminated reticles - should leave some more for me...

If you need the discuss the merits of them, blind farts, and ruining good glass, would you be so kind as to do it on your thread.

Now bugger off the pair of you, ole cantankerous gets.

S&B 3-12 x 50 Flash Dot FD7 reticule in as new condition with box, original paperwork and Butler creek covers. 950

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    Bob n Paul, I'm glad neither of you like the illuminated reticles - should leave some more for me...

If you need the discuss the merits of them, blind farts, and ruining good glass, would you be so kind as to do it on your thread.

Now bugger off the pair of you, ole cantankerous gets.
    sorry floyd.

i'll keep taking the tablets,

now go get this scope above this post,

bob.