Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow camo

Snow camo

Dear all

Anyone know where you can get some good snow camo over jacket and trousers?

Army surplus would be the best bet I think but looking on the internet it doesn't appear as easy as I thought.

Thanks

Davie
    The best ones i have found are the ones used by the cops or forensics for there work you can get them from any industrial clothes store and they are nice and soft. I have a few pairs i think swampy sent them to me They cost next to nowt and for the amount of time the average chap gets out in full snow they are what is needed

Or next time you stay somewhere that has white bed sheets................
    basil.

Hi, I ve recently bought a cream over suit (jacket and trousers)ex swedish army from good old ebay.cost about 30 I think incuding P&p. If you dont have any luck message me and you can borrow mine.

Thanks boys

Very kind offer Sussex and thanks for the heads up.

I will take a look on ebay and i think failing that the key is to find a euro site as they are more geared up to that type of hunting.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 x 55
    The best ones i have found are the ones used by the cops or forensics for there work you can get them from any industrial clothes store and they are nice and soft. I have a few pairs i think swampy sent them to me They cost next to nowt and for the amount of time the average chap gets out in full snow they are what is needed
    Also known as chemical suits in with acordance of PPE (personal Protective Equipmentt)
    we use them when spraying chemicals with knapsacks
    about 2.50 each ,
    if my memory serves me right

snow cammo suit

why not get a decorating all in one overall from most diy store.
    poppinss

Davie
    The soft one s that stone so eloquently put are water proof and quite quiet just what the doctor ordered.
    And if i put on a white overall my wife would stick a flecking paint brush in my hand .

white camo

http://www.silvermans.co.uk/

this is a huge surplus shop in mile end London caters for everything from military to the police .

don't get cotton white cams by the time you've walked 100mtrs they'll weigh a ton get nylon their usually pretty big sized

Cheers all for the suggestions.

Not sure about the all in ones etc - I should have explained this is for a 5 day hunt on ski's so wanted something a bit more durable etc

Widows I know Silvermans but couldn't remember the name so thanks. I have found one made of parachute silk which I think is perhaps more in line with what you mention.

Anyway, I will have a look at Silvermans

Thanks