Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dream Rifle

My Dream Rifle

It's not often your dream rifle appears for sale, but mine is currently on Guntrader. I have neither the funds nor the FAC slot to buy it, so I thought I would folornly post it here.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/110526155200904

Sweet rifle tho...~Muir
    (But would you dare hunt with it??)

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Sweet rifle tho...~Muir
    (But would you dare hunt with it??)
    That is a problem I would love to have!

Ah!
    Well, I once worked at a gunshop and one of my fellow employees had the yen for an engraved Model 71 Winchester in 348 Winchester. He couldn't begin to afford it so he bought a standard, plain, model 71 and a year later had it rust blued. The next year he hired an engraver to put his initials in the left side of the receiver in gold. A few years later I saw the rifle again and he'd added to the engraving and inlay... a little at a time. I never saw him or his Model 71 again but I'm told that when he died, it had fancy checkered walnut and a cohesive, well executed engraving. The rifle sold for over $4K US. It became a life long work for the guy but he died happy. Food for thought.~Muir

lovely rifle or should i say mortar i had a boss who had one or something very similar the ballistics of it were 'interesting' to say the least

Just think about the kick, the skimpy butt and steel butt plate. Admittedly firing it once would have been the best way to get over the attraction.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Still looks pretty though. Gorgeous in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Ah!
    Well, I once worked at a gunshop and one of my fellow employees had the yen for an engraved Model 71 Winchester in 348 Winchester. He couldn't begin to afford it so he bought a standard, plain, model 71 and a year later had it rust blued. The next year he hired an engraver to put his initials in the left side of the receiver in gold. A few years later I saw the rifle again and he'd added to the engraving and inlay... a little at a time. I never saw him or his Model 71 again but I'm told that when he died, it had fancy checkered walnut and a cohesive, well executed engraving. The rifle sold for over $4K US. It became a life long work for the guy but he died happy. Food for thought.~Muir
    Certainly is food for thought!

It is indeed a thing of beauty

sorry chaps,not my cup of tea,john wayne would have,,my fav rifle also on guntrader though,accuracy international in 308 in green