Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wellies

wellies

Thats my le chameau wellies now leaking and its time to get a new pair in the january sales. I have been looking at the new musto pelton wellies, does anyone know if these wellies are any good? Would like to hear some reviews before I set my mind on buying a pair.

cheers!

have you tried wader repair its like i got some for my le chameau boots they started leaking in the toe good dollop of this repair and good as new

its in the toe and heel mines are leaking. where do you get the wader repair? i would much rather repair them, will save buying a new pair

crow man i would be slighty wary of those wellies as they are for sale as the are imperfect. They might not offer the guarantee with them

Thumbs up for your boots

Quote Originally Posted by MARKSP View Post
    its in the toe and heel mines are leaking. where do you get the wader repair? i would much rather repair them, will save buying a new pair
    the stuff i used is mcnett aquasure urethane repair adhesive and sealant i got it from a local angling centre its for repairing wader wellies etc its good stuff saved me 150 quid for new boots hope this helps its priced about 6 quid mate

Thanks! im going to give it a go. Just searched through google i can get it deleivered to my door for 8 quid, not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by MARKSP View Post
    Thanks! im going to give it a go. Just searched through google i can get it deleivered to my door for 8 quid, not bad!
    It is very good stuff, I have used it on waders and walking boots for years, a tip for you, do it in two layers, making sure the second layer covers the first with plenty of overlap, and that it is not too thick round the edges.
    Also once opened the tube has very little shelf life, you may get another month or you may not.

Neil.

The Musto Pelton's are very good and do not carry the heavy price tag that the Le Chameau's have.
    Glue works but i would have a pair of Pelton's on hand as a back up.

If the musto Pelton's are the zip up neoprene wellys they are not a patch on the Le Chameau's I bought a pair and you get what you pay for just wish you could replace the zips in the Chameau's