Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a numpty i am...

What a numpty i am...

Well what a fool i am. I had just finished sharpening my knife when i slipped whilst putting it in its sheath when i slipped and managed to slice my finger to the bone as far as i could tell managed to just about stop the bleeding after 45 mins, steri stripped it and the bandaged and splintered it. Managed to scupper my chances of getting out stalking this week spoken to my granddad who is retired doctor and he agrees we've done right with it and to leave it for a few days and check on it so long as it doesn't start to weep or smell a great start to the new year.

George

George

Scars are the entry fee to speaking with authority about knives and sharpening. At risk of flippancy; it sounds like you have the sharpening side sorted!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

At least it should heal nicely, being a clean cut.

I have a few of those too.

Hard luck george but as said you can sharpen them at least

yeah certainly was sharp enough sliced to the bone with far too much ease

George

Took a mate stalking a year or so back found him a Munty and said i would guide him through the gralloch. He was a bit eager to get started and as i gestured towards the place of the first cut he tried to amputate me finger.
    Some bl**dy mate .

Hope your cut heals fast George.

George,

Hope your finger gets better soon. If we're sharing daft knife stories - here's mine.

Two years ago I was working on a knife stall at the CLA. Friday morning at 8.30 I'm polishing blades and putting them in the display case. I rubbed one a bit too enthusiastically and sliced into my thumb. I then waved my hand about like you do when you hit your thumb with a hammer. Doing so sprayed blood all over the sides of the tent and my sister in law. She wasn't happy.

I spent the rest of the weekend showing blades to people with a blue plaster on my hand. I felt a proper t*t !!!

Take care,

Bob

Well I have nice scar now on the back of my left hand. Skinning that 6 Pt I shot with John knife slipped and I stabbed the tip of the blade right into the back on my left hand. Tip stuck into the bone but missed tendons luckily. Hospital trip. Had 6 or 7 Doctors come pay me a visit in the treatment room as they don't often get stab wounds like that to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Well I have nice scar now on the back of my left hand. Skinning that 6 Pt I shot with John knife slipped and I stabbed the tip of the blade right into the back on my left hand. Tip stuck into the bone but missed tendons luckily. Hospital trip. Had 6 or 7 Doctors come pay me a visit in the treatment room as they don't often get stab wounds like that to look at.
    Im starting to think a trip to A&E probably wouldn't have been such a bad idea but i couldn't drive myself and the family weren't too keen as it was almost tea time....will have a look at it tomorrow and decide then.

George