Cornelius Chiller/Fridge

270Buck

Hi,

I have a Cornelius ex shop display fridge.

When I got the fridge the temperature in my garage was 3ºC.

When I started it up for the first time it did not expel any cold air into the fridge, quite the opposite. It ended up bringing the temperature up to 12ºC!!!

I checked with the manufacturer and they confirmed that the thermostat is located outside the fridge, so if the external temperature is close to freezing it will generate heat so the produce inside the fridge does not freeze. So moral of the story is when the temperature is close to freezing just leave the door open on the fridge and do not turn it on.

I have just shot 2 muntjac this afternoon and was going to use the fridge. Problem is it is 5ºC in my garage and when I first turned the fridge on with the 2 muntjac inside, the temperature increased to 12ºC!!!! I have now turned off and will wait until the carcases have had chance to cool.

The Met Office have said that the temperature at 9am in the morning will be 11ºC so I could do with turning on the fridge as this will be too warm!!

Question is, does anyone else have this problem when the area that your fridge is stored is cold??? If so, how do you get round the problem????

Cheers

Ross

Who ever you spoke to at the manufacturers is a bloody idiot it sounds to me as if it is either short of gas or the condensor fan is not going round PM me your phone number and I will see if I can sort the problem over the phone for you.
Keith

I had exactly the same problem with my fridge, a refridgeration engineer fitted a new thermostat called i think a crossover thermostat, this cured the problem immeadiately. i'll have a look at it tomorrow and see whats written on it.

I had exactly the same problem with my fridge, a refridgeration engineer fitted a new thermostat called i think a crossover thermostat, this cured the problem immeadiately. i'll have a look at it tomorrow and see whats written on it.

Hello mate,

Duncan told me about the problem with your fridge too!!

If you could tell me what the thermostat is called and if it is a job that I could do or my mate the deals with white goods may be able to do?

Cheers

Ross

have the same problem ross if its cold in the shoot room say 4 degrees the fridge warms up when its summer temps it seems fine and cools down to 3/4 degrees keep us informed
cheers doug

hi,
this will happen with a capilary thermostat, easy solution is to warm the stat housing with a incandescent light, this makes the stat think it is at about 18 deg , alternative is to fit an electronic stat, that is why manufacturers will state that the fridge/freezer is designed to be in a warm kitchen and not outside in the cold garage or shed, there is probably nothing wrong with your fridge, just the ambient conditions

steve

Back