Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dortmund game fair

dortmund game fair

http://www.westfalenhallen.de/messen/jagd_und_hund/

anyone going to the dortmund jagd show the best show i have ever been to and we now go every year the show its mostly rifles deer stalking boar and big game with fishing and an indoor lake with carp sturgen swimming about just payed for the easy jet flghts an worked out at under 30 return so very cheap and worth a look

Yes, im going and im gald to hear you have been there before and enjoyed it, we booked it about a month ago not knowing much about it so really looking forward now..

Great show - just be careful if you park a hire-car in the streets adjacent. There is a near-by football stadium and when a match is due, 60 cars at a time will be towed away to the pound. Park careful out there! ;0)

Rgds

Ian
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

it is the high light of my year and puts all of are shows to shame and the beer go's down a treat if you like rifles this is the place to go but if your a shotgun man not so good what hotel did you book

I"ve helped my pal out there for 4 or 5 years on his stand (SfA it is dog handling equipment located just near the escalator).
    It got a great dog section also with all the proper breeds represented.
    It"s really a 2 days show to do it well but I was always knackered after the days work so I dont know any good hang outs in the town but anywhere near a main railway station is always a good bet in Germany for good cheap food.
    Enjoy.
    Martin

Just booked myself and 3 mates up for this jolly, going Thursday early, getting the Friday evening flight home. Sounds right up my street.

Went last year for the first time, it is an amazing show some of the taxidermy on display was spectacular, there was a full body mount elephant, and as said you really need two days at it as the first day you just walk about with your mouth open.
    Not making it this year as I'm going to be in Vegas with my work, but by a magical coincidence the Safari Club International expo is on at the same time so going to do a couple of days at that

Moose

Hi,

I went to this show about six years ago when I was on a boar hunting trip with my German chum. I have to say it was well worth the changing our plans to visit prior to my flight back to Scotland.

However, I am rather interested to learn where you are flying from to get a return ticket for 30.00 and make it an away day.

I think it a good idea for a couple of my chums here in Aberdeen to have a weekend visit.

ATB

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by boar & deer View Post
    http://www.westfalenhallen.de/messen/jagd_und_hund/

anyone going to the dortmund jagd show the best show i have ever been to and we now go every year the show its mostly rifles deer stalking boar and big game with fishing and an indoor lake with carp sturgen swimming about just payed for the easy jet flghts an worked out at under 30 return so very cheap and worth a look
    Try to visit the IWA in Nurnberg. Supposedly only for the trade but your gunshop should be able to help you get entry. I found that a league above Dortmund, all the latest kit.

Donsider - Easyjet from Luton gives you the whole day there. When I booked the flights were under 40 return but have crept up a bit. My team is staying over night on Thursday to make it a 2 dayer.