Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: robbin fornicating fatherless beavers!!!!!!!!

robbin fornicating fatherless beavers!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for a stock for my ruger#1,I've found one!
    Midwayusa have a bell and Carlson @ $199(130)the same stock @ Midwayuk,wait for it..................................$353.00(229).
    And of couse Midwayusa won't post.

I know every one has to make a profit but that is just out and out daylight robbery.I will never buy another thing from Midway.The word Midway is banned in my house and so is anyone that mentions them, along with their children, their pets, their parents and any other living relative.

MIDWAY GO TO HELL!!!
    Last edited by news of the world; 02-01-2012 at 20:13.

Bypassing the scenario of ordering from shops in the USA that won't ship to the UK!

It is such a shame that not only midway UK are more expensive but they take your money and often never send you the goods, then months later say, we're sorry but we can no longer get this item, and thats when you phoneto ask them why they have taken money but not sent the item.

I discovered this company a few years ago: http://www.internationalcheckout.com/

Basically, you go to their website, fill in an order form with exactly what item you want and from what website in the USA, and pay them. They then order it on your behalf and send it to you via fed-ex or something like that. They will give you a quote before you order, may not work out cheaper but then if it is just a little bit cheaper than midway UK it would be worth it!

Have used the above company a few times to order from companies that won't ship to the UK and it opens upa whole new market!

I don't no exactly what your looking for but boyds WILL post to the UK and probably cheaper to buddy Anyways hope it helps

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Prairi...uger-s/170.htm

Mongoose,
    thanks for that, but unfortunately Boyds don't do a two piece synthetic stock for a Ruger #1

Regards
    Now

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    It is such a shame that not only midway UK are more expensive but they take your money and often never send you the goods, then months later say, we're sorry but we can no longer get this item, and thats when you phoneto ask them why they have taken money but not sent the item.

I discovered this company a few years ago: http://www.internationalcheckout.com/

Basically, you go to their website, fill in an order form with exactly what item you want and from what website in the USA, and pay them. They then order it on your behalf and send it to you via fed-ex or something like that. They will give you a quote before you order, may not work out cheaper but then if it is just a little bit cheaper than midway UK it would be worth it!

Have used the above company a few times to order from companies that won't ship to the UK and it opens upa whole new market!
    St308,
    will give them a try if I can't get any sense out of the others suppliers,Stocky's have the stock I want but it is out of stock and knowing B&C it could be a long wait..

regards
    Now

i used to get annoyed at this sort of thing too but just to play the devils advocate for a min
    they have to get the stock to the uk then there are costs associated with staff websites etc as well as hm goverments taxes and tarrifs to contend with
    everything is cheaper in the us they have a much bigger audience and less paperwork and bull to deal with

you could try john greene here in ireland he is a midway agent and a ruger no1 fan

http://clusterstone.ie/index.php
    Last edited by landkeeper; 02-01-2012 at 21:15.

Failing all that i think i am going over end of feb if you can wait that long get it sent to my mates address and i will post it back for you
    Geordie

landkeeper,
    I can see where you are coming from but! and this is a big but,Midway UK will acquiring these items at the same trade price as Midway US, and yes they have to be shipped the the UK.Retail on these stocks is about $150 (midway $199),trade I would assume would be about $90,import is 3%, vat 20% = $112 = 72.72 + shipping

If Midway US allowed me to buy their product at $199 + import duty 3% + Vat 20% + shipping $16.00 = 163.00

Midway UK 229.00

No getting away from it!

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Failing all that i think i am going over end of feb if you can wait that long get it sent to my mates address and i will post it back for you
    Geordie
    Thanks for that, its not that I don't begrudge paying the price I begrudge getting bent over and having shoved where the sun don't shine.

I have found another Site that has the same stock for $149.99 so with all the costs involved I will save 100 on Midway's price..

regards
    Now

Hang on a bit , you shop around and buy it as cheap as you can , thats life its easy