Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your enclosed high seats

Lets see your enclosed high seats

Gents,

I'm after some inspiration and would like to see some pics of your enclosed high seats please.

I intend building one or two for dual purpose deer control and foxing throughout the year.

Rb

Here's one a friend built It took a couple of days - he couldn't get the carpet to lay flat

smart job , i would have the flaps opening inward and the ladder on the side , dont fancy going on my arse down that ditch

Flaps on the outside keeps the rain off when you stick your gun out and also puts your face in a shadow when looking out.
    The ladder is at the back, no ditch there.

stands out like a sore thumb
    time for a bit of paint

The light coloured pictures are it in it's newly built stage, the final ones are after a coat of dark wood preservative !!!
    At that height, I'm not sure the Deer would see it no matter what colour it is.
    It's against a hedge in the corner of a field too, so well sited in my estimation anyway

Attachment 11301Attachment 11302Attachment 11304
    Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Gents,

I'm after some inspiration and would like to see some pics of your enclosed high seats please.

I intend building one or two for dual purpose deer control and foxing throughout the year.

Rb
    This is one of my towers. seat's six sleeps two. Now has side windows . we also use this tower for photography.
    Can you imagine looking out the window first light and see 10 fallow standing out in the medow.Then of course when it rains
    i am the first to put my name down to get in it. regards brian
    Last edited by woodfordfallow; 03-01-2012 at 10:05. Reason: add photo

Like the three strand poly rope holding it up! , it should be 10 meters away from the power line pole, does look good though!

Thanks for the pics gents, just what I was after. Food for thought.

We have had some pretty horrendous weather lastnight with very high winds & I woke this a.m. to find 2 of my neighbours garden sheds in various states of distress getting blown up my street.
    Might see if I can use the spare undamaged panels

Cheers

Rb

Hi RB
    My tower is still there as it has been for the last three years.It has a very heavy base and staked.The polls are phone lines.Its also tucked in the woods.
    I bet those who would find fault would like to sit in it when 10 fallow walk out.I am going to risk it today as the weather is going to improve. We have two arm chairs in it and a bench seat. All my big bucks use that field in the winter and are quite safe as we manage them not shoot all that moves.
    good shooting brian