Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightforce 240 Blitz Filter colour

Lightforce 240 Blitz Filter colour

I need to replace the red filter i normally use and whilst looking for one on "that auction site" i see they do several other colours, i'm thinking about trying a blue one, anyone got one? are they any good? what are your colour preferences?

Tikkat3

Amber, you can see eyes nearly as well as red. But it gives a real advantage in you can see further and in more detail.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    Amber, you can see eyes nearly as well as red. But it gives a real advantage in you can see further and in more detail.
    +1 Amber

I have also tried Blue and Green but they hardly highlight the eyes at all.

SD Regular
    Defo Yellow or Amber T. Green is OK. As you know I prefer yellow as it cuts out less of the available light.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

yes red does seam to pick the eyes up that little bit better then amber. but amber will give you more distance. as i find red does cut down the range abit

Cheers lads, Had trouble last night identifying in the red filter as it is scratched to buggery, so a new one is needed and i suppose a change in coulour might pay dividends anyway? So amber it is then, i'll get one sorted and let you know how i get on.

Tikkat3

got one off ebay cheaper then in shop. most offer post free

A filter is NOT required when lamping foxes but a dimmer system is... i cant believe a scratched filter makes one bit of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    A filter is NOT required when lamping foxes but a dimmer system is... i cant believe a scratched filter makes one bit of a difference.
    If i put a dimmer on a light with a filter that is scratched so badly that we are having trouble i.d'ing foxes at 200yds would that not make things worse and therefore more dangerous, the first rule of foxing with a rifle being "make absolutly sure it is is a fox" or am i missing something.
    At any rate, it's me that pulls the trigger, it's me that has to be happy with what i am shooting at and it's me that takes the flack if i make a mistake, with this in mind if it takes a new filter at 20 or so for me to be sure of the target, i think it's a sensible 20 to spend?

ATB

Tikkat3

Or take the filter off and REALLY see what you are shooting at?