Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donegal tomorrow.

Donegal tomorrow.

Hi all. Off to Donegal tomorrow for a go at those BIG REDS. Been a long time in the pipeline this one due to holdups in paperwork. Was meaning to go during Nov08! Will post pictures of success, if any had, on return.

Have a good trip mate, hope the weathers on your side and you have some success.
    basil.

have a good trip, good luck

what part of donegal i have a good friend in letterkenny ,i shot a big red a old 12 point this oct ,30 stone he was ,one hour forty min s stalking him in the rain the roar s of him.we were only yards away at one stage the smell of him and the noise was unreal.we lost him in heavy forest and we stalked another stag with no luck a hour later walking back to my landrover a roar where we seen him first . i went to a bank to my right then a could see him trotting down the track to us i dropped to the ground loaded the 270 flipped up the covers .FOGGED fxxk cleaned them with my finger as the top points came over the little hill 25 yards away then his head appeared then his chest he slowed and i necked him down he went .my friend and i are strong lumps of lads but he was a pull and a half the get into the trailer .my first red stag in donegal a lovely 12 for the wall ,i have shot well over a 1000 deer and guided clients to many stags and hinds but this is by far the most exciting stalk i ever had i wish you the same in lovely donegal

Best of luck. The weather should be great over the next couple of days.

I hope to be stalking on the Tyrone - Donegal border on Saturday morning.

good luck

best of luck to you, especially after the wait! Have a blinder

Good luck a chara, donegal is a beautiful spot, drop into letterkenny too theres bound to be a session on!

Re: Donegal tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by willltomand
    Will post pictures of success, if any had, on return.
    the one thing i find with stalking , is you don't need success to make it special
    take plenty of pics if you can as the trophy is the hunt, the beast is just an extra
    hav a good trip and hopefully a very sucessful one , look forward to the pics with or with out a grassed one but hope luck is on your side
    ATB
    stone

Re: Donegal tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by stone
    Quote Originally Posted by willltomand
    Will post pictures of success, if any had, on return.
    the one thing i find with stalking , is you don't need success to make it special
    take plenty of pics if you can as the trophy is the hunt, the beast is just an extra
    hav a good trip and hopefully a very sucessful one , look forward to the pics with or with out a grassed one but hope luck is on your side
    ATB
    stone
    Good post & very true.