Muntjacstalker

td

I whent stalking yesterday with muntjacstalker off this site , ive read some of his threads on this site when he has said hes seen up to 15 - 20 muntjac in outing i did think to myself thats a lot of deer or hes either kidding or got some special ground. Well the latter is true i had two stalks and saw well over 25 deer i had great day shooting a buck and doe .I enjoyed the company of both Jason and Mike he realy has got some excellent stalking ground.

I whent stalking yesterday with muntjacstalker off this site , ive read some of his threads on this site when he has said hes seen up to 15 - 20 muntjac in outing i did think to myself thats a lot of deer or hes either kidding or got some special ground. Well the latter is true i had two stalks and saw well over 25 deer i had great day shooting a buck and doe .I enjoyed the company of both Jason and Mike he realy has got some excellent stalking ground.
hes really that good, im out with him again this weekend:D

Had a morning stalk with Jason (Muntjacstalker) yesterday and still on a high.
Had a fantastic time, and was really pleased with how it all turned out. Arrived at Jasons pad after a nightmare journey round the M25 then up the A1(M), and was put at easy immediately by Jasons friendly and informative banter. Jason explained clearly what we would be donig on our mornings stalk and gave me a few pointers (showed me the working of his rifle etc), which was ideal as this was my first time deer stalking.
We then drove to the first area where we were to stalk (more chat about fishing - which i discovered we had a shared interest in), kitted up and made our way to what He thought would be a likely area.
After a stalk of forty minutes or so (and after seeing around 4 Muntjac that didn't present a shot) we finally got close enough to a doe which hadn't seen us coming. It was rear towards us so after setting up the shooting sticks and lining up the rifle i had a tense wait for it to turn (probably only a matter of seconds in reality but it seemed much longer) Finally it turned far enough for a clean shot and i squeezed the trigger. On going to investigate (i had lost sight of the deer in the smoke and recoil of the .243) we found the deer dead in the spot where it had been standing.
Jason showed me how to gralloch the muntjac (but if i'm honest did it al himself), them home for tea and biscuits (via a tour of some of his other permissions.
All in all a very enjoyable morning and one i'm keen to repeat at the earliest opportunity.
All the best
Mike

Back