Is this normal

Big Kev

Out for a stalk first weekend in December, just heading back to the vehicle a roe buck & doe crossed in front of me the buck was sporting a full set in velvet, is this normal for this time of year ? .

i am glad you posted first i saw 2 bucks on my ground in notts in full velvet i reckon this is well early any one else spootted any bucks in velvet

I saw a buck at the weekend, not sure about a full set but you could see 6 points and above his ears.

I found a dead 6 point buck yesterday which had been in an RTA on my ground, antlers were well grown and in velvet. Seems sods law that any decent bucks i get on my land end up getting hit by cars.. :(

I posted about this a week or so ago but got no replies. I've got a big lad sporting a nice 6 point set already 4" above his ears. Also attended an RTA on Christmas day and he had a nice 4 point set a couple of inches above his ears, it certainly seems like they're early? Will have to see when hey stop growing and start to shed, fingers crossed they've got lots of growing still to do!

Tom

Been seeing the odd buck sporting well grown in velvet antlers for two or three weeks now seems a bit early to me if we got weather like last year minus 10+ I think they may get a frostbite problem !!

Buckgottobeamedal.jpg
Two years past this huge buck was like this in mid January. He was cleaning his antlers at the end of february

watched a buck before christmas with a good 6 point head well above the ears and also thought it was a little early for that much growth.

George

Back