Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope Sun Shades

Scope Sun Shades

I had a situation this week where I could not get a bead on a doe as I had flare out in my scope due to the sun being low. Does anyone know of a simple, cheap universal scope shade that I can fit onto my nikon titanium scope. It needs to be able to be removed easily and light, as I don't want it fitted ll the time and would not want any more weight to carry whilst stalking.

you could try one of these, they are lightwieght rubber shades that stretch over your objective lense fit in seconds http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=247 top of the page just pick the size closest to your scope. ive got one for my S&B 8x56

Simple, piece of stiff cardboard rolled up on scope and attach with plastic tape.

Otherwise buy some. 4" are best

D

Has anyone any experience with the honeycomb style affairs that fit inside the butler creek objective cap?? I have wondered about one of those for a while

S

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Has anyone any experience with the honeycomb style affairs that fit inside the butler creek objective cap?? I have wondered about one of those for a while

S
    i have one fitted to my scope its great in bright sun shine ??

Many thanks guys. I think I will try the Hawke option first and then move on from there if it does not work.

go carfull grim you will probely need to get one from nikon if thats the scope you have as they dont always fit one another i was given a mtc one to try on my s+b before i bought a actual s+b one and even tho they were both for a 50mm lense they didnt fit

Quote Originally Posted by jock View Post
    i have one fitted to my scope its great in bright sun shine ??
    Great I might give one a go

Cheers

S

The honeycomb filter reduces light entering the scope and is designed to stop reflections, ,,,in a counter sniper kind of way...

Better off with extension tubes to stop flare, imho.

The product literature for your scope should tell you what the objective filter thread size is. For my 50mm scopes it is a 52mm/0.75 pitch thread