Thread: Young People & Firearms

Young People & Firearms

Remind me again please - - am I right in thinking that as far as the lending of an Estate Rifle (& obviously under close supervision) the young person must be at least 17 years old ? - - And - - if he is over 14 with his own Firearm Certificate he must only use the named rifle on that Certificate. Thus even with a Certificate he still cannoy legally use a borrowed or Estate rifle ?

Thanks

JR

JR have a look on the BASC website and their link to the change in legislation. I think that you will find that the age is now 18 and not 17.

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Thanks for that John - - sometimes reading them throws up more queries than one sets out with though. For instance does the ammendment mean that the lender of a Firearm now needs to be only 18 or over ( as opposed to 21 ) ?

Anyway - - I hope you have a grand 2012 and if you're ever passing this neck of woods feel free to call in.

ATB

JR

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    JR have a look on the BASC website and their link to the change in legislation. I think that you will find that the age is now 18 and not 17.
    - - or as I replied to JCS I read that as relating to the lender not the borrower. How I wish they would make statements clear-cut !

JR

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Thanks for that John - - sometimes reading them throws up more queries than one sets out with though. For instance does the ammendment mean that the lender of a Firearm now needs to be only 18 or over ( as opposed to 21 ) ?

Anyway - - I hope you have a grand 2012 and if you're ever passing this neck of woods feel free to call in.

ATB

JR