Thread: A bloody good read

A bloody good read

hello,I was given a book for christmas by the the wife as one of my prezzies and couldn't put it down for the next three days ( which made me very popular over christmas ) anyway the book in question is " low level hell " by hugh.l.mills.jr its got bugger all to do with stalking but its about hunting the vietcong and nva by scout helicopter and is an account of the the afore mentioned pilots first tour of the vietnam war in 1969.Now to say the book is well paced is an underestimate and the numbers of lives lost both enemy and allied is staggering,the numbers of helicopters wrecked,the numbers of rounds expended per firefight and the number of medals and citations recieved this bloke recieved is astonishing !.........this book is easily as good as " chickenhawk " or " marinesniper " ( I am not on comission by the way ,but with a write up like this I should be ) this book is an absolute romp and the only bad bit is finishing it and realising that its over and to think the bloke in question was only 21 whilst doing all this is incredible,it may not be to eveyones taste but I thoroughly enjoyed it .
    all the best,lee

I'll have to keep an eye out for that, sounds like a good read. I just finished a jigsaw my mrs bought me for Christmas, well pleased as it says 3-5 years on the box
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

low level hell, i got that when i had read chickenhawk.. both brilliant books.. amazon then recommended a book called 'dear mom', which was about a US sniper in Vietnam. Its a true account and ties in with chickenhawk and low level hell. i liked reading the three because they all fit together.

Those were the days when pilots were aviators, not operators!!

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    I just finished a jigsaw my mrs bought me for Christmas, well pleased as it says 3-5 years on the box
    I love that one!

have a read at this
    Snake Pilot: Flying the Cobra Attack Helicopter in Vietnam: Amazon.co.uk: Randy R. Zahn: Books
    gives a view from pilots who flew high cover for these madmen, its a fantastic read

also on Vietnam books i would strongly recommend any of these books, all well written and interesting stories.
    Amazon.co.uk: blackjack 33: Books
    Last edited by cowcheif; 04-01-2012 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    ( I am not on comission by the way ,but with a write up like this I should be )
    If I don't like it you owe me 4.99 I will start reading it so I can let you know

Neil.

Hello Neil and I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did,cheers lee