Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aerosol case lube

Aerosol case lube

Does anyone use hornady one shot? I bought three tins a couple of years ago and its nearly all gone and now I cant get any, does anyone know who stocks it? or a suitable alternative I am looking at the Lyman stuff but have not heard anything about it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Leon

I use One Shot and have for about 20 years now. Excellent stuff! I have used industrial silicone spray lubes and found some to work, some to be abysmal failures, so I stuck to One Shot. Just avoid the "Green Friendly" formula of One Shot that comes in a spray pump bottle. Worthless. ~Muir

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    leon

try aftab at reloading solutions.

i want to try this as i use a silicon based one from lidl's W5 silicon oil, but its like rocking horse poo, so i need a new spray, i just can not get on with the pad thing

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Not sure of techy reason, but to echo Muir - used the red can spray One shot and loved it. Got one of the pump spray versions and not found it as good. So switched back PDQ!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Lleon, swerve the Lyman stuff, I lost a couple of dies after major jams using it.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Cheers gents, so sticking with one shot aerosol is the way then, shame nowhere in the uk that i can find keeps it anymore only the green pump version. Maybe I will be bringing a few tins back from Houston in my case in Feb.

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Lleon, swerve the Lyman stuff, I lost a couple of dies after major jams using it.
    Fin what calibers were you loading? I have used the lyman spray exclusively for about 7 years and have not had any problems at all.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    Fin what calibers were you loading? I have used the lyman spray exclusively for about 7 years and have not had any problems at all.
    I used it without problems for a couple of years, must have had some duff cans, I don't give em a second go!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I used it without problems for a couple of years, must have had some duff cans, I don't give em a second go!.
    Do you have to take the clean the Lyman off before loading or is it like the Hornady in that you can leave it on the case and just load?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Do you have to take the clean the Lyman off before loading or is it like the Hornady in that you can leave it on the case and just load?
    No matter what I use, I religiously clean, or dry cases before loading powder into them, or chambering in the rifle.