Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SD Record Breakers!

Thumbs up SD Record Breakers!

Today for the first time our active members stat (registered members who have visited in the last 30 days) has reached 2,000. And we reached another record two days ago of 1,045 of those registered members visiting over a 24 hour period! This doesn't include guests or members not logged in.

October-November 2011 was our busiest quarter ever with 37,091 posts made and 677 new users!

We currently have approximately 7 million page views per month. This has doubled since June 2010

I'm not sure what sort of a percentage of UK stalkers this represents realistically but, whether they know it or not, there can't be many degrees of separation between SD stalkers any more! Everyone must know a stalker who knows an SD stalker

Alex

Great achievement Alex! Well done - I know how much effort goes into moderating a forum of this size!

So what are the plans to harness the collective power of all these members?

Tom

Nice stats but how many of those 7 million page views per month at from search engine crawler bots?

For example one of my sites has done 700000 of which the actual visitors is 18000 the rest is automated programmes.

Who knows for sure, I threw that in only as a relative measure of traffic increase. There are upteen ways to define a 'page', a 'hit', define what constitutes a 'visit', a vistitor etc.

At the end of the day what really matters is the active users, the number of real people registering and making use of the site.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Fantastic news,

great for the site, but even better for the sport,

well done SD.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Alex I was not having a dig.

It's just something I am intrested in. My salmon fly company is constantly being asked to advertise on other sites where they quote figures like that. When I ask their actual figures they go very silent.

Those are sites that are very different to this which is very active and constantly flowing and obviously there are benefits of advertising on here.

Hi Alex, great news.. What about an SD app??

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Ov View Post
    Great achievement Alex! Well done - I know how much effort goes into moderating a forum of this size!

So what are the plans to harness the collective power of all these members?

Tom
    Tom, there is so much hot air on here I recon we should plug into the national grid

Without navel gazing the past ( is that even a term? ) the 'tone' of the forum is definitely very much improved. That has taken some hard work and - not always popular, but hard decisions on part of admin. But the results show.

SD is working well for us and glad to be here.

Keep up the good work.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017