Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what scope for foxing

what scope for foxing

i am looking at getting a foxing rig this year and was wondering what scope people are using on there foxing rifle i am not looking for anything to expensive on my stalking rifle i use a 3-12x50 ziess duralyt i like it but would like something with a bit diffrent

well depending on what sort of outlay you want to spend how about a mepota or a zeiss conquest

is there anywhere i england that sells ziess conquest

Hi there.
    You could keep your eye open for a second hand Night Force but they are still a bit pricey.
    Still they seem popular in foxing world.
    Best of luck.
    Grant.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    no one in the uk sells the zeiss conquest, as for a night force scope, i have had 2 and found them oribil monsters under the lamp they are like looking down a furred up drainpipe IMO,

conquest with the rapid z ret or just the plain plex ret, the 4.5/14x44 or 50mm will do you well out past 250 yards in daylight, and about 200 max at night with a good lamp set up.

bob.

or the bigger 6.5/20x50 if you need to go longer in the daylight.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

4.5-14x44 is the scope i wanted but finding one is the hard bit no one has them the larger one would be alright but finding one of these the right money is just as hard

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    [QUOTE=boar & deer;304440]4.5-14x44 is the scope i wanted but finding one is the hard bit no one has them the larger one would be alright but finding one of these the right money is just as hard[/QUOT]

i was offered 550 for my 6.5/20x50 rapid z conquest but its still sat on my 20 tactical. to me its worth a good bit more, and the 4.5/14x44 or 50 is a cracking we scope i have one on my 243 and my 17hmr.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Don't overlook the Meopta's, been using an R1R 3-12x56 IR for Foxing for a while now, awesome bit of glass and imo certainly better than its Zeiss Conquest equivalent.
    Last edited by Mutley; 06-01-2012 at 16:12.

Sounds like the Meopta is worth a look.

What sort of budget you looking at ?
    Atb Steve