Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many certificates can be granted permision on say 300 acre,

how many certificates can be granted permision on say 300 acre,

hello, can anybody advice how many fac can be granted on about 300 acres 22 through to say 243
    cheers

do you mean the amount of persons with an fac attached to that 300 acres

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    do you mean the amount of persons with an fac attached to that 300 acres
    Yes sir, that is what i was trying to say, as in the land and permission is on the fac.

the shoot i keeper is 500 acres it has 5 fac holders including me that have it as named land upto and including .308 cal .

In reality there would be no limit. It's not about granting FACs to use on a specific piece of land. Any land nominated is only to establish 'good reason' for the grant of a certificate. Look at it this way; every single 'open certificate' holder in the country could be given authority to shoot over a single piece of land and there would be nothing the authorities could do to limit it.

What's the actual problem you are alluding too?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    In reality there would be no limit. It's not about granting FACs to use on a specific piece of land. Any land nominated is only to establish 'good reason' for the grant of a certificate. Look at it this way; every single 'open certificate' holder in the country could be given authority to shoot over a single piece of land and there would be nothing the authorities could do to limit it.

What's the actual problem you are alluding too?
    Trying to solve an argument mate :-) a friend saying that there is a limit

Ask him to point out where it says it in the HO Guidance, Firearms Legislation, or any other documentation - he'll have trouble.

Bet him a pint or two before you do though!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Ask him to point out where it says it in the HO Guidance, Firearms Legislation, or any other documentation - he'll have trouble.

Bet him a pint or two before you do though!
    Lets up it to a nice bottle :-)

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    Yes sir, that is what i was trying to say, as in the land and permission is on the fac.
    The problem that arises is when the ground and all the FAC's are with in the same force as some times they try to class it as a shooting club/syndicate and so try and limit the amount of FAC's
    If the FAC's are from different forces then there is little chance they will hav any idea that there are other FAC's appointed on the ground , so there is normally not a problem
    Sad I know

There is no maximum number of persons specified either in Law or Home Office guidance. The law requires an applicant to establish 'good reason' for each firearm requested. Being able to produce evidence that the applicant has access to land, which bears the relevant quarry is part of establishing that 'good reason',in relation to quarry shooting.
    There has been a decided case in the High Court, where persons tried to misuse a small parcel of land as spurious evidence for multiple applications. Such pieces of land are referred to a 'land of convenience'. The key is to establish a genuine reason with genuine evidence of access. You should then have no problems even if several person have permission to shoot on the land.
    I hope this helps.