Hi, newbie in Devon / Somerset

Sprocket

Hi all, have been sitting in the wings of this forum for a while & thought I'd better join!
I have been pigeon / pheasant / wildfowling etc... for many years but have been introduced to stalking by a friend over the past couple of years. I have a Sako 30-06, .22, 12G & 20G...& a great Sprocker Spaniel gundog.
Cheers Jamie

Welcome Jamie :tiphat: 30.06 is a big un for a first deer rifle :D Wouldn't of got that if Dyfed Powys Police were your local constabulary.
ATB Gaz

Welcome to the site Jamie.
I think i understand your title intro, you live in Somerset but want to live in Devon:stir:

30-06 good for the boar to, very versatile choice of calibre.

Cheers

Richard

Hi jamie welcome to the site from another somerset member (blackdown hills) also have a sprocker in the team great little dog wouldnt be without her

Welcome aboard sir, I think you will be happier on the somerset side of the fence, I am polden hills ;)..Incidentally which Is your police force?

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome chaps. I'm a Devon boy living in Somerset, but would love to be back in the home lands. Issueing force is A&S.
Have been shooting with a .243 for long time...upgrade to 30-06 & love it!

Two great choices - 30'06 and a Sprocker! :)

You are going to go far!

Rgds

Ian :)

Hi Ian, I remember that unmoderated 30-06 of yours...I still wake up sweating sometimes, he said to me try this one Its a pussycat!

Welcome to the forum.
Looks like quite a few of us in this area, maybe time for a get together and a shoot. Fancy organising something Ian?
All the best Mike.

Back