Muntjac stalking?

wildfowler.250

I am thinking of booking some muntjac stalking in the near future and was wondering if I could get some info regarding best place to go, time of year ect? Now.... I am not normally a 'trophy hunter' but as this is likely to be a 'one off',(I stay in the highlands so no munties near me!) I would quite like to try and source a medal animal,(sounds so cringey :rolleyes:). Realistically how much would this set you back?

Pland B...are Chinese water deer and more 'exciting' to stalk? The same as above would apply really.

Really appreciate any advice you have!

I am thinking of booking some muntjac stalking in the near future and was wondering if I could get some info regarding best place to go, time of year ect? Now.... I am not normally a 'trophy hunter' but as this is likely to be a 'one off',(I stay in the highlands so no munties near me!) I would quite like to try and source a medal animal,(sounds so cringey :rolleyes:). Realistically how much would this set you back?

Pland B...are Chinese water deer and more 'exciting' to stalk? The same as above would apply really.

Really appreciate any advice you have!
talk to muntjacstalker off this site went out saturday and shot thismunty head.jpg:D

Muntjacstalker, you will see plenty of deer, they have cwd too, all prices on their website

I don't know why you would cringe at the thought of going out to shoot a trophy animal. I shoot inbetween 100-200 deer each year, as I am paid to do so. When I first started stalking, about twelve years ago, all I wanted to shoot was numbers so as to gain as much experaince in what I feel passionatly about. Now that I no longer get a real kick out of the shooting chalenge then I am going to buy myself a good trophy each year for three reasons.
1. I feel that I've earnt it.
2. I would like to have something special for the wall.
3. When you shoot large numbers off your own ground then one shot fades into another. If you go away and shoot that one you have really longed for then that memory will last a life time.
I am unashamedly off to Scotland later this year to shoot a trophy goat, if I can afford it then I will also treat myself to a good Munty as well.
Hope you enjoy the experiance and show everybody the head after.
All the best
Paul

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll take a look on muntjac stalkers site!

What are Chinese water deer like to stalk? I might try and tie the two species into one trip!

Chinese are not exactly the most challenging deer to shoot, the hard thing is usually to get a safe backstop.Only a short window left took book and keep in season

Chinese are not exactly the most challenging deer to shoot, the hard thing is usually to get a safe backstop.Only a short window left took book and keep in season

Thanks for the reply! I will be looking into booking for next season so no rush. I thought I had heard that they weren't too tricky to shoot! might give it a go though seeing as it's something different :confused:

Cheers!

Back