Thread: Ruger Super Redhawk .357 Magnum LBR

Ruger Super Redhawk .357 Magnum LBR

For those of you that haven't come across one of these guns, it is one of a very small batch Ruger made to test the UK market. Extremely well engineered and accurate and put the Taurus to shame. They are no longer made, and I shouldn't think they will ever be repeated. This gun is in .357 which is one of two calibres made, the other being .44

It a 12" barrel, cut and finished by Alan Westlake, and also a straight rod from the handle with a counter balance weight on the end. The gun comes with a original stainless ruger mounts, a nylon protective holster and a LBR sized gun slip.

Pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redhawk1.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	11454

Name:	redhawk2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	11455

Name:	redhawk3.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	11456

I am looking for 1100. I can meet locally or at Bisley to do a face to face, or would consider shipping to an RFD at cost.

Hello

Could you kindly clarify a few questions:

age of gun, how much used, condition and whether you are a private or trade seller and contact details, thank you. I am abroad at the moment so an email contact would be good, regards Azhar Khan azharkhan@mteqwLm.co.uk , 07785 558 628

I am unsure of the age of the gun, I think Viking arms imported them around 2002. So it is probably around ten years old. I can by all means provide the serial number if that will help you age it if that is important .

I have not used it a great deal, probably 2-300 rounds. Hence I guess why I am selling it, she is more of a safe queen than my most used gun. I also have a .22 Taurus LBR and tend to use that more as I can use it on my local club range. The owner before me had it from new, and again didn't use it much as when he had it it still had an 21" barrel and was a little impractical to say the least!

Condition wise, it is in good condition, it is stainless so is easy to clean, and obviously won't rust or lose bluing etc..... The only real mark is on the cylinder where it rubs against the indexing pin and is visible in the last picture. This is normal on revolvers anyway, but being stainless if it bothers you it would probably polish out with a bit of wire wool.

I am a private seller and it is obviously on my FAC.

Quote Originally Posted by azharkhan View Post
    Hello

Could you kindly clarify a few questions:

age of gun, how much used, condition and whether you are a private or trade seller and contact details, thank you. I am abroad at the moment so an email contact would be good, regards Azhar Khan azharkhan@mteqwLm.co.uk , 07785 558 628
    wot no introduction?
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Still looking for a good home

Might be open to a sensible offer

Hello rarms

Is this gun still for sale, please?

If so, has the barrel been tapered down as well as cut?

How is the rod attached - (permanently I know) but is it welded on or what? I've seen one of these Rugers before but not to look it over properly, is the rod attachment a tidy looking job?

Thanks

Yes it is still looking for a good home.

The barrel is not tapered, it was cut, recrowned, and had the sights refitted by Alan Westlake who is very well known in the field of long barrelled pistols.

The rod is like you say welded, it is very tidy as it was again done by Mr. Westlake. It simply has the rod coming through a hole in the bottom rubber of the grips. It looks very neat and if you didn't know it had been done it would probably be assumed it left Ruger like that.

Hope that helps, P.M. me if you want any more info.