Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indulge yourself...

Indulge yourself...

Something to lift your spirits on a grey Sunday in January:-

We are fortunate enough to live in paradise as far as country sports are concerned; the UK is arguably THE destination for driven game, deer stalking & fishing (whether game or coarse). I suspect most SD members have either previously used (or still use) a shotgun, rimfire rifle or a fishing rod in addition to a stalking rifle.

What is the single sporting memory that will sustain you during old age?
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 09-01-2012 at 06:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Something to lift your spirits on a grey Sunday in January:-

We are fortunate enough to live in paradise as far as country sports are concerned; the UK is arguably THE destination for driven game, deer stalking & fishing (whether game or coarse). I suspect most SD members have either previously used (or still use) a shotgun, rimfire rifle or a fishing rod in addition to a stalking rifle.

What is the single sporting memory that will sustain you during old age?
    Hi Rupert
    Sharon Oliver down by the long jump sand pit when i was at school now she was a sport or shooting a wild boar with an SLR for a troop barbeque while on exercise in germany in the mid 70s
    Geordie

my achievement was to save a penalty at wembley and we won the fa cup .td

A left and right at wild english partridge.. lots of great memories though as im sure we all have

[QUOTE=td;305953]my achievement was to save a penalty at wembley and we won the fa cup .td[/QUOTE

Well done, but is football not a game rather than a sport?

training birds of prey to catch quarry ,lamping with my first lurcher , and shooting my first roe
    Last edited by norma 308; 08-01-2012 at 19:05.

Left and right at woodcock when roughshooting with my dad,anytime I successfully get a wounded deer with my dog/dogs

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Calling my first fox with lamp and shotgun. Shooting my first big fallow buck and picking the first bird with my first spaniel Sika.

Attachment 11479

For me it's always the firsts. My first air rifle, my first rabbit, first deer, first roe buck first British deer.The only notable bird shooting moment was getting a pigeon with one barrel on my shotgun and then seeing another one drop out of the sky about 40 yards behind it. Complete fluke.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

So many,but,one that sticks with me is when I was given my first knife,it was a folding pocket knife and I would of been about 5 yrs old.....a coming of age so to speak.

M