Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rambouillet game fair France 30th march -2nd April 2012

Rambouillet game fair France 30th march -2nd April 2012

Just wanting to know if any one has being to or going to this fair and how good is it for us anglofile's as i am looking to pop over to France to top up on the old vino and shotgun slugs this spring and thought about having a look at the show if it is any good?

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

How far into france is the gamefair ?

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil M View Post
    How far into france is the gamefair ?
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ramb...=m&z=7&vpsrc=6

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    minibus...
    id be up for that
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

Sounds good, may be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    minibus...
    id be keen to come along... an sd coach trip ???

Did this event a couple of years ago. You need a good day to go around it, its all indoors in a large temporary event building. You will start drooling almost immediately you go through the doors at some of the guns and kit on show but don't expect any bargains. Its pretty much a showcase for the distributors and importers rather than somewhere that you can purchase kit. I would certainly return but don't forget that it is very much a French event rather than an international event so a basic understanding of French would be usefull. Its very popular so most of the hotels within ten to fifteen miles will be full of hunters who will be attending this event.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Did this event a couple of years ago. You need a good day to go around it, its all indoors in a large temporary event building. You will start drooling almost immediately you go through the doors at some of the guns and kit on show but don't expect any bargains. Its pretty much a showcase for the distributors and importers rather than somewhere that you can purchase kit. I would certainly return but don't forget that it is very much a French event rather than an international event so a basic understanding of French would be usefull. Its very popular so most of the hotels within ten to fifteen miles will be full of hunters who will be attending this event.
    my extent of french is voulez-vous le well you know the rest lol....

Rambouillet is just North of Paris . If you want a good open air French game fair http://www.gamefair.fr/salon-de-la-chasse-chambord.html Look's like it could the one it is like the CLA by the look of it. This one is near Blois in the Loir-valley

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"