Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly tippers.The B****rds!

Fly tippers.The B****rds!

I came across 3 chaps in a van this afternoon throwing a matress out from the back of a van into a gateway of one of my permissions. I pulled up to within 20 feet of them, I took the reg no and reported it. I wonder if the boys in blue will do anything about it?? The annoying thing about it they were within 3 miles of 3 local tips.

you should have followed the van home mate discreetly, then go back and get the mattress and throw back in their garden later tonight....

I caught a flytipper and blocked the road, police came within 10 minutes!
    he had just dumped the whole load off the back of one of those "tipper" bedford trucks.
    funny thing was he had been taking payment from people to dump stuff.

I understand they threw the book at him.

you need to do more than just give the police the number

The police won't do anything unless they catch them 'in action'. You need to report it to the local council who will definitely follow it up as it is them that foot the bill for any clean up required. Shame you couldn't get a photo or video of them on your phone? They should follow it up anyway.
    MS

while out today i came across 3 seperate piles of used tyres dumped within a 3 mile radius of each other, well over a 100 tyres in total. Its got to bea local garage somewere.

Tyres are the most difficult thing to dispose.
    They are normally sprayed now with a spacial liquid to find the dealer/ owner of the tyre

I work for British Waterways on the canals, the crap that gets in there! and it doesn't get there on its own.Tyres aplenty, some still attached to the vehicles.Must take more effort to dump this stuff over fences and gates than take it to the tip. W*****S.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    The police won't do anything unless they catch them 'in action'. You need to report it to the local council who will definitely follow it up as it is them that foot the bill for any clean up required. Shame you couldn't get a photo or video of them on your phone? They should follow it up anyway.
    MS
    I agree, you should contact the council as they will follow it up. I have done this before.

Council will only clear it up if it is on the road or "just" on the roadside.
    anywhere near a private gate, entrance, track, boundary and they will walk away.

make sure it is in the right place before you call!