Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoother Rifle Bolt performance

Smoother Rifle Bolt performance

Try a couple of sprays of this lube on your rifle bolt and it will feel slicker. I found this by experimentation after spraying my bike forks in the Summer. I thought the same principle would apply to the bolt movement in the action, but instead of putting a thin layer of oil or lubricant, this spray dries instantly so no gunk build up. Ideal to have a tin in the gunroom - I am not related to this company or have shares in the product in any way (before I am asked)!!!. I have also used it on my Ruger 10/22 semi auto and the bolt cycles flawlessly when used.

Juice Lubes

Thats a top tip mate.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
    Or buy a T3
    Just sold one, T3 Varmint, just couldn't get on with it!!!! Replaced it with x-bolt and much happier!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timney View Post
    Just sold one, T3 Varmint, just couldn't get on with it!!!! Replaced it with x-bolt and much happier!!
    why couldnt you get on with your t3v then,i got one in 25-06,i rekon its a good tool.

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
    Or buy a T3
    +1

Another great dry lube which really works in slicking everything is GT85.
    You can get it from Halfords in big spray tins and only costs under 5.

The trick is to let it dry, that's when the magic starts!
    I use it for everything...
    UK Guy
    Last edited by UK Guy; 15-01-2012 at 20:15.

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    why couldnt you get on with your t3v then,i got one in 25-06,i rekon its a good tool.
    Just didn't like the plasticky stock, looked and felt very cheap IMO. Seemed to make the already heavy varmint barrel feel front heavy (without a mod) Also in hindsight would not have opted for the 5 shot mag as this seemed to always get in the way when resting on benches/bags when zeroing. Personal preference only. Thirdly could not find a load that would shoot particularly well through it. All in all it's a personal thing, I got the T3 for the same reason that everyone else has one, they are very highly rated in the media, but we just didn't bond! Agree the bolt was very smooth to operate, but it could be a pain if the bolt had been lifted slightly by mm's whilst carrying the safety would not push forward.... it took me a few missed charlies before I'd realised what was happening and had to consciously keep checking the bolt was "fully" closed. The x-bolt has addressed a few of the issues I had - the stock is grippy and feels just right, shorter barrel with mod that feels balanced, and overall getting some excellent groups with a range of bullet sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Guy View Post
    Another great dry lube which really works in slicking everything is GT85.

UK Guy
    X2

I had a slightly stiff bolt on a new cz 452 and found that graphite lubricating powder worked well