Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimfire outing

Rimfire outing

While out this winter because of the mild weather I have seen many squirrels, hares and a few rabbits as well a other "various".
    i cannot afford the time out from stalking to tackle these varmints.
    So thought I could do a vermin day/outing for a client to stalk and shoot the woods over my pointer(Breeze), but instead of deer we would target vermin/hares.
    Her ability to hear and spot squirrels is uncanny and makes great stalking the woods.
    Presuming the weather is reasonable I should gaurantee a bag of 10 head(varied) min, or shots.
    The outing would be 50 or 90 for the day.
    I can provide a cannon if required.
    This will be vermin control with a twist as it will mostly be stalked, (if possible).

Sounds like good fun, and I hope someone takes you up on it.
    I would, if nearer, just for the outing and the experience, even though it's no different to what I do at home for free!

90 quid, for someone to come and shoot your vermin for you !!lol nice one,, thinkI might try that one meself.

I`m sure this will suit some, and good luck to you,, but it`s a new one on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    90 quid, for someone to come and shoot your vermin for you !!.
    That's not quite the way I read it, Rake Aboot.
    Sounds to me like he's offering a sort of "mini stalk", so you'd be on a new piece of ground, with an experienced guide, with a good dog, and get guaranteed a few shots into the bargain.
    Probably not a very efficient way of reducing vermin numbers, but good fun for a novice client who is perhaps only just getting into rifle shooting (like me), and the stalker gets a bit of income out of it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    90 quid, for someone to come and shoot your vermin for you !!lol nice one,, thinkI might try that one meself.

I`m sure this will suit some, and good luck to you,, but it`s a new one on me.
    "If you don't fancy it don't post" should be a sticky in this forum.

Great idea ! Hope someone takes you up on it.

Sorry I have never sworn on line before but here it comes............................................. .....F. unbelievable that is a disgrace!!!!!!!!! 90.00 a day to shoot squirrels. No time to do it yourself but time to get paid for it. Are you the same chap putting a syndicate together a couple of weeks ago 500 acres in Scotland for 6000 is it just me or is everyone going mad?

Why is a disgrace mate? Get a grip!
    Someone is offering their time for people who dont have access to their own land!!
    If i did not have access to any land I would be quite happy to pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by nwright View Post
    Sorry I have never sworn on line before but here it comes............................................. .....F. unbelievable that is a disgrace!!!!!!!!! 90.00 a day to shoot squirrels. No time to do it yourself but time to get paid for it. Are you the same chap putting a syndicate together a couple of weeks ago 500 acres in Scotland for 6000 is it just me or is everyone going mad?
    The only disgrace here is you can have a go at a trade member offering an upfront deal with nothing hidden, And you R.A.B should try it I have had no end of pm's.
    This is not just a crack at a few squirrels, its a days stalking over a trained pointing dog to shoot any legal quarry (with a small calibre rifle) which makes itself available.
    If there were no takers nothing lost. I there are a few well thats between them and me.
    I knew this would stir some up, but I am a trade member making a living and pay to post here.
    I see this as no different to say "park culling" not everyones idea of sport but a way of learning non the less.
    regards john

Hi John,

Sorry, did not mean to make it personal. ok, for your time and input it is probably good value but perhaps the general economy is getting to me. As an Architect living in the west midlands (with our own stalking) I would now have to think very carefully about 50.00 an outing for deer.

Nic