whos your favorite author

biker1

hi all i was brought up on books written by brian plummer, whos your favorite author

Boring I know, but usual fayre of -

Capstick, Anderson and Corbett. No intention of going for man eaters, more than enough risk to life and limb taking people stalking!

hi all i was brought up on books written by brian plummer, whos your favorite author
Always enjoyed Plummer books and I met him a couple of times, Fred J Taylor was a favourite to but for me the true master was BB, the greatest writer on the British countryside that has ever lived.

Wilfred Thesiger. His accounts of living with the marsh arabs in Iraq is great icluding his accounts of pig hunting, also his journey across the empty quarter (Saudi Arabia) is great.
Photographer, adventurer, soldier (SAS). diplomat, gentleman, hunter, anthropologist, travel writer, independently wealthy, bachelor, modest. He was probably the last of his kind...

Corbett, BB (the latest, Confessions of a Coastal Gunner, is excellent), Richard Prior and Richard Jefferies. I can grab any of their books from the shelf and happily while away a few hours.

willie_gunn

I first heard about BB many years ago but never bought any of his publications, then my daughter bought me "The Shooting Man's Bedside Book" for Christmas 2011 and now I'm hooked.

Favourite author on here... Gitano... He should be publishing books, if he isn't already.

Back