Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: number of guns in cabinet

number of guns in cabinet

Given the recent advice to keep air rifles locked up I have this question. I have a 6 gun cabinet which holds two rifles and a shotgun. I have 3 air rifles one of which I loaned else where. I may be about to inherit another shotgun and get the air rifle back. Can I store all 7 guns in the cabinet as the air rifles are not fac

Regards pj
    Last edited by pj1; 12-01-2012 at 12:25. Reason: useless mobile phone

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Given the recent advice to keep air rifles locked up I have this question. I have a 6 gun cabinet which holds two rifles and a shotgun. I have 3 air rifles one of which I loaned else where. I may be about to inherit another shotgun and get the air rifle back. Can I store all 7 guns in the cabinet as the air rifles are not facRegards pj
    You can store as many guns as you like in your cabinet the only limit being the amount of space available. There is no problem with mixing guns that are on your FAC with air rifles which do not require a FAC. Just make sure you are the only one who has access.

Mulac

when you say amount of space available i guess you mean physical space rather than the 6 gun spaces that were written down when the cabinet was checked by the flo

Yes, my FEO suggested I could top and tail guns to get up to 4 in my 3-gun cabinet All the FEO wants to see is that the cabinet is (ideally) out of sight, meets British Standard and can't be pulled off the wall easily. It is up to you how many guns you cram it with. The only thing that changes this is if you have over 12 guns they might "advise" you to fit an alarm to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by adjman View Post
    if you have over 12 guns they might "advise" you to fit an alarm to the house.
    the terrier takes care of the alarm system

The only thing that changes this is if you have over 12 guns they might "advise" you to fit an alarm to the house.
    If you actually read what it says the wording is I believe Consideration should be given to an alarm system being installed.

What makes it more of a a farce in my case this was considered and rejected because there is no way that the Police would respond in a timely fashion. If I recall correctly they were quoting response times of over an hour. I have my old alarm in boxes in the shed as they changed the protocols used and it's now no longer suitable for a monitored system and a new one was being quoted at well over 1000 + monitoring.

Due to other issues we are looking at CCTV monitoring for the property now but again the cost is a huge factor.

Big optics are a pain when you tying to get them in without a ding whatever size of cabinet, especially when the wife fires all her stuff in font of it.

Hi Pj,
    You probably know this already but,you don't have to use up your cabinet space for your air rifles. A "suitably robust , lockable cupboard will comply with the new security regs. You could also use a security cord fixed to an anchor point in the building. If your or any visiting kids are really young then putting them out of reach will do, ( if no children under 18 have access to your house, the new regs don't apply, as i understand it.)
    cheers, Fatty.

just fit a flush lock to understairs cupboard or similar and lock your air rifles in there

Bh we have monitored alarms and the police will not attened , the company ring us and we then have a look if there's trouble we then have to call the police.