Thread: DSC 1/ NVQ Level 3?

DSC 1/ NVQ Level 3?

Does anyone know if the DSC1 is an NVQ 3 equilevent?I'm coming oit of the forces and would like to use ECL to do the course, but it has to be a NVQ3 to be able to use ELC,s, any ideas?

Think its a level nvq 2 mate - you could have a look at the elc website and you'll get more info there

ATB
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_3 View Post
    Does anyone know if the DSC1 is an NVQ 3 equilevent?I'm coming oit of the forces and would like to use ECL to do the course, but it has to be a NVQ3 to be able to use ELC,s, any ideas?
    If you are still serving, you should be able to use your Standard Learning Credits towards 80% of it. It doesn't matter that it isn't level 3 then and can be achieved as 'long term resettlement'.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    If you are still serving, you should be able to use your Standard Learning Credits towards 80% of it. It doesn't matter that it isn't level 3 then and can be achieved as 'long term resettlement'.MS
    I've used this years already, though not out till Aug this year so come April I'll have another dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_3 View Post
    I've used this years already, though not out till Aug this year so come April I'll have another dip.
    You need to apply for funds in advance of booking course anyway. Just book a course after April!
    MS