Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fox weighing

fox weighing

anyone starting to weigh your shot foxes?

ive just started in 2012 with a 17lb and a 20lb last night in my opinion there geting bigger each year!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo0025.jpg   Photo0022.jpg  

all that junk food they eat especially at my bait station Attachment 11646

I used to weigh my foxes but don't any more. They typically weigh between 14lbs and 20lbs, with a few in the 20lbs to 24lbs range.

i like it norma 308 did he end up in the feed station too

not alot of takers for weighing there shot foxes then !!

I was thinking of starting and now wish i bloody bought some scales was out with stevie nicks the other night and we got 2 big foxes i would say the biggest ive ever shot must of been 20+ pounds..so will now buy somesscales in next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyfinn View Post
    I was thinking of starting and now wish i bloody bought some scales was out with stevie nicks the other night and we got 2 big foxes i would say the biggest ive ever shot must of been 20+ pounds..so will now buy somesscales in next few weeks.
    Yep defo in the 20LB region. Just a baggage scales or Sea fishing scales is good enough and small enough to keep in a bag.

Certainly there are some bigs one around, I accounted for one last year and it was probably the biggest one to date in weight and size by a long chalk, had another a short while ago size was normal but the weight was very very heavy for the frame and that was a dog fox, I think a lot is down to food availability and lifestyle where they live

If I can convince my sherpa (steve) that we could weigh them before bagging em up, could be a interesting reading after a while to see the average particularly between country and town foxes.

You know what sherpas/lampers are like, if you don't treat em to hot drinks and a bit of scrann every hour they can go off like gordon ramsay.
    is it worth the risk to enquire if he could kindly measure, weigh and record every fox adjusted for possible weight gain I've got got quite a good guess on the answer, second word would be off and do it your self dear boy and of course they have put on weight 55 grn BT to be exact