Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Level 2 stalking within 50 or so miles of Slough

  1. #1

    Level 2 stalking within 50 or so miles of Slough

    Dear all,

    As the title suggests I am looking for an AW to take me on Level 2 stalks. Only really available weekends and as am contracting and living out of hotels, I am unable to use my own rifle.

    As it gets lighter I may be able to do the odd evening. Not interested in trophies, only cull beasts. Think for the plate not for the wall.

    Thanks for your help.

    Wills

  2. #2
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Posts
    2,746
    Will,

    Contact Jelen Deer Services on 01264 811155 or office@jelendeer.com - they will sort you out - just in Hampshire.

    E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Will,

    Contact Jelen Deer Services on 01264 811155 or office@jelendeer.com - they will sort you out - just in Hampshire.

    E t R
    He did say within 50 miles, so surely this would be your best bet Yorkshire Deer Stalking
    Cheers
    Richard

  4. #4
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Posts
    2,746
    Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    He did say within 50 miles, so surely this would be your best bet Yorkshire Deer Stalking
    Cheers
    Richard

    ....only if Slough has moved northward in some subtle seismic event .......or YDS have a Southern Office!! John?

    Not doubting the quality of YDS's offering though......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    ....only if Slough has moved northward in some subtle seismic event .......or YDS have a Southern Office!! John?

    Not doubting the quality of YDS's offering though......
    Oh christ, i missed that bit!
    I just looked at his location of Yorkshire, apologies over that one, i need more sleep!
    Cheers
    Richard

  6. #6
    Thanks I know John and have outings with him at home. Surely there must be someone in bucks, Kent or Oxford for example.

  7. #7
    I can't recommend anyone personally but there are quite a few listed in the Feb 2011 AW list for Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Kent

  8. #8
    I think KevinF off the site is an AW, try PMing him. He's based near newbury i think so not far from Slough.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Dog View Post
    I think KevinF off the site is an AW, try PMing him. He's based near newbury i think so not far from Slough.
    KevinF is an AW, just near j14 M4 (about 1 hour from slough) - completed ICR1 with him the other day - a very nice man indeed, he did look a bit confused when he tried to unload my R93 without depressing the cocking lever to cycle the bolt, bloody turnbolters!!
    Last edited by Offroad Gary; 15-01-2012 at 12:46.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    KevinF is an AW, just near j14 M4 (about 1 hour from slough) - completed ICR1 with him the other day - a very nice man indeed, he did look a bit confused when he tried to unload my R93 without depressing the cocking lever to cycle the bolt, bloody turnbolters!!
    I had a similar experience when a police officer pulled the stalker and I over about 4 in the morning, to and I quote confirm the quad we had on a trailer pulled by the truck which had forestry commission written down the side was not knicked as a few had gone missing over the past month. On answering his question of what we were up to and told him stalking, out came the FAC and then he ask me to step out of the car and show that the rifle was unloaded. I passed it to him and he looked rather perplexed tried to open the bolt then decided to let me do it.

    Still, I guess he was just doing his job and to be fair, when something of yours is knicked, you want the police to carry out a man hunt.

    Thanks for your help all, I have seen the list but I like to know others who have been with them and that there is nothing untoward.

Similar Threads

  1. 10 hours, 300 miles, 2 deer and a school bus!
    By flyingfisherman in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 23:11
  2. question for lads within 100 miles of central scotland
    By centralbeltstalker in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-10-2010, 08:31
  3. Level 2 and yorkshire deer stalking
    By maxwell in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-01-2010, 18:06
  4. Level 2 Stalking needed
    By Madmanx in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 22:46
  5. Loading observation opportunity near Slough?
    By AI perfector in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-10-2008, 06:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •