Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sportsman gun centre

sportsman gun centre

Has anyone ever had an dealings with the sportsman gun centre? thinking about ordering my new wellies from there? I never like to order expensive items from the internet, always a wee bit wary so I thought I would ask before I buy.

cheers mark

Established Poster
    Deer Dog Available

sportsman gun centre

I have dealt with them over the year's .You find many a bargain.I've had a few mishap's along the way but alway's got sorted
    with their customer services asap.
    I would recommend.
    Hope this help's .cheer's ,
    fbrad.

I would recommend phoning them first to make sure that what you want is definitely in stock. It's not always obvious if something is going to end up on backorder and an unexpected wait can be annoying. This applies for many online retailers by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    I would recommend phoning them first to make sure that what you want is definitely in stock. It's not always obvious if something is going to end up on backorder and an unexpected wait can be annoying. This applies for many online retailers by the way!
    I agree with that statement, a lot of the time the stuff is advertised and its cheap, but they get it in to order, or they have run out of stock.
    Their website doesn't show a true reflection of their stock levels - it is more like a catalogue.

I shop with them on a regular basis and i promise you that i cannot find a better price anywhere.

Good bunch of lads and they will do all they can to sort you out - even if they are being put under too much pressure to answer the phone whilst fitting a gentleman with his new so6, and selling shotgun shells all at the same time.

I know some have had problems but I've always found them friendly and helpful, prices are generally pretty competitive.

Ive always received anything ive ordered but sometimes waited about a month although the money was always out my account straight away.1 phone call was are you prepared to wait a week for this item as its on back order (even although they said it was in stock) ok I say ,a month later and a few phone calls get the item ,on receipt it says customer prepared to wait didnt say id wait an extra 3 weeks.sorry for rant I usually do uttings now.

i tried them for tay muckboots a couple of time didn't have ma size, got them from J C Country,http://www.jccountry.co.uk.got them within 2 day at about the cheapest i had seen,hope that helps

There prices are good, i fancy a pair of musto pelton wellies i can get them for 110 pounds which is a good 40 pounds cheaper than anywhere else. Im going to give them a call on monday morning and see what they say. I see there advert in the shooting times every week thats how i found out about them. cheers everyone!

The shop assistants are useless, rude and have no knowledge about rifles, equipment, reloading etc. I called in the other day to buy some wellies and they were openly discussing ripping people off on trade in air rifles. I've heard so much bad advice being given in there its unreal! But if the price is right I'll buy from them, but I always try Gregor first. Hate the way they punt sh!t rifles/optics at newbies who think they're getting a good deal (yes I bought a prohunter many years ago- cows arse banjo with hit couldn't!!)

I bought some wellies for the mrs for xmas from sportsman. They didn't have the model in the size I wanted. I got the full zip hunters for the same price. Very happy.

I am still however waiting for them to get back to me about some Sako parts.