Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The wrong bullets

The wrong bullets

Bought some nosler 6.5mm ballistic tips today got home and opened the box and they were .243 and 95gr.
    wrong bullets in the wrong box.
    what a bugger and a waste of my time as I have 50 cases all powdered up.

Someone has cocked up if they were written on to your FAC as 6.5 then, unless you have a .243, you are in possession of expanding projectiles without authorisation!! A simple error you should be able to exchange them for .243 - it's amazing the difference that .5mm can have! (said the mosquito to the midge)

16/1/12
    I stand corrected by "Milligan" thanks for putting me right.

Some RFDs will write onto FACs the purchase of expanding bullets - mine does. whether this is on the advice of the local firearms dept, I don't know.

The issue of what goes onto the FAC is very contentious. There are some interesting discussion on other forums regarding this and I read that this might be clarified with the next revision of the Act.
    Last edited by EssBee; 16-01-2012 at 11:39.

What a shame! I'll drop some .243 cases round and you can load me some up!

Quote Originally Posted by EssBee View Post
    Someone has cocked up if they were written on to your FAC as 6.5 then, unless you have a .243, you are in possession of expanding projectiles without authorisation!!
    Your supplier could also be in deep do-da as he/she must check the FAC for authority to purchase. Take them back pronto and get an exchange.
    Whoa there Nelly, the man is not going to be found guilty of an offence because somebody put the wrong bullets in the wrong box.
    Besides, there isn't actually a need to write the purchases on your ticket, it's another misunderstood piece of the legislation and guidelines hence its sporadic practice.

This is simply a PITA.

To the OP, where did you get these from? I've been looking for 120gr 6.5mm Nosler BT's for a while with no joy.

Well said Milligan. So many people seem to want to point fingers and beat chests about what's right or wrong. Drives me up the wall.

Roding armoury in Abridge is where I got them ,They are from the same batch as the last ones I got, this is obviously an error at nozler.
    I only put this on here to see if anyone else had had this happen to them,I didnt want to get all anal about who is right and who is in the wrong Ha Ha

Matt I have .243 stuff that you can load all you need is some dies, especially now as you are fireing some shots now!!!lol

Expanding projectiles (inc.ballistic tips) should be written onto the FAC.

bullett heads do not have to be entered on to your fac it is not a legel requirement

Paper patch 'em, load 'em and shoot them!

I did once patch a bunch of .44 JHP's up to .452" (ish) and shot them out of my 1911-A1.

Because I could, and because someone bet me I wouldn't get any sort of accuracy that way. Got a free beer that day.