Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 CDL .243

Remington 700 CDL .243

In order to fund a .270 I'm putting my .243 up for sale,it's a Remington CDL (wood stock drop floorplate mag and satin metalwork) 20" barrel screw cut 1/2" unf twist rate is 1 in 9 1/2 very accurate with Hordany 100g interloks ,comes with T8 mod,leupold bases and rings both 30mm and 25mm,Hawke Endurance 30 3-12x50 IR scope with L4 ret,butler creeks,trigger fettled by Dave Wylde at Valkyrie Rifles ,it's in excellent condition apart from a slight bit of bluing wear from the mod bush,looking for a quick sale 600 ,will get some pictures up later. Face to face prefered.
    Cheers Jase. Call me on 07960235409

Will take 450 for Rifle ,moderator ,rings and bases.
    Last edited by jase kaye; 15-01-2012 at 18:40.

Pictures now added

Sorry about the quality (crap camera)
    Last edited by jase kaye; 15-01-2012 at 15:12.

Hi Jase, Ihave PM you!
    Cheers

Still for sale.

Did you buy the rifle new? How many rounds has it had and whats the barrel/crown condition like?

Cheers

FF

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    Did you buy the rifle new? How many rounds has it had and whats the barrel/crown condition like?

Cheers

FF
    I bought the rifle second hand,I do know the rifle has had an easy life(don't know exactly how many) though and has had nothing lighter than 75 grainers through it,I personally have only fired 100 grainers through it( exactly 30) and it groups well under an inch and the crown is spot on.
    Jase.

Did Valkyrie rifles inspect the barrel when you took it to him? Just wondering if he could vouch for barrel condition?

Did Valkyrie rifles inspect the barrel when you took it to him? Just wondering if he could vouch for barrel condition?
    No he didn't mate,but I can sure you there's nothing wrong with the barrel,throat or crown,if a rifle is shooting an inch or under I have no reason to suspect that there would be any cause for concern with the barrel.

No, fair point, its just past experience tells me that just because a rifle hasnt had a hard life doesnt mean the barrel isnt on its last legs.. in fact, a rifle which has had a lot of rounds but looked after can be in better condition that matey who had 6 shots a year through his rifle and sticks it in the cabinet uncleaned and cold or damp. Not that im saying yours is, just explaining my reasons for the questions. Thanks for the info and will pass it on to the interested party.. Looks like a nice rifle and a good setup.

No, fair point, its just past experience tells me that just because a rifle hasnt had a hard life doesnt mean the barrel isnt on its last legs.. in fact, a rifle which has had a lot of rounds but looked after can be in better condition that matey who had 6 shots a year through his rifle and sticks it in the cabinet uncleaned and cold or damp. Not that im saying yours is, just explaining my reasons for the questions. Thanks for the info and will pass it on to the interested party.. Looks like a nice rifle and a good setup.
    No worries FF,I understand mate if you need any more info just ask away mate