Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leatherman warrenty

Leatherman warrenty

My Leatherman Wave has decided after about 10 years that enough is enough and has lost one of the points of the pliers.

I was gripping a piece of metal firmly when it snapped.

This is a brilliant multi-tool, it has gralloched a few deer when I have forgot my knife .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1150126.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	559.1 KB 
ID:	11691

Has anyone here ever had a claim on the lifetime warrenty for this sort of damage?
    Vegetarian is an old Native American word meaning Bad Hunter

don't know the model you have, I have just got a replacement blade for mine, I would try the leatherman site and see if they can help you

I must send mine back, got a small fault but i cant live without it!
    http://www.leatherman.co.uk/support/intwarranty
    Cheers
    Richard

One off my mates had the same model and had to send it back under warranty,as it is an old model they replaced with the new model.All they do is check that it wasn't broken by being abused

I have a Wave too.

Super kit.

I may be on wrong path, but think Whitby & Co are the UK distributors? If so, pretty sure a quick call to them will get things resolved for you.

But honestly - ' I was holding a bit of metal'? what kind of adventure is that? I'll forgive you if you can confirm the metal in question was attached to a Tiger Tank or similar
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    But honestly - ' I was holding a bit of metal'? what kind of adventure is that? I'll forgive you if you can confirm the metal in question was attached to a Tiger Tank or similar
    I know it was not a dramatic event that brought this tool to the end of it's life. but after 10 years of use I will forgive it for letting go now.
    Vegetarian is an old Native American word meaning Bad Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    I have a Wave too.

Super kit.

I may be on wrong path, but think Whitby & Co are the UK distributors? If so, pretty sure a quick call to them will get things resolved for you.

This is correct and you need to send it away. But ring first. I took mine to local supplier who sent it back for me. Good service. I've also had friends had their whole tool replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    I've also had friends had their whole tool replaced.
    Was it a painful operation?

Send it back to whitby + co under warranty it will come back like new fully serviced and sharpened !

I've had my leatherman 12 years and have had the insides and pliers replaced twice, no questions asked. turn around took about a fort night. first class service, first class product!!