Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any views on the Ziess Duralyt 3-12x50 Illuminated ? (v's Swarovski Z3 4-12x50)

Any views on the Ziess Duralyt 3-12x50 Illuminated ? (v's Swarovski Z3 4-12x50)

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a new scope for my .270

Ziess are offering a very reasonably priced Duralyt 3-12x50 Illuminated which is significantly cheaper than the Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 (I have always used Swarovski previously).

I would appreciate any views on the quality and light gathering, as i haven't had the opportunity to trial the Ziess scope to date.

Kind regards,

JMc

Quote Originally Posted by JMc View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am looking for a new scope for my .270

Ziess are offering a very reasonably priced Duralyt 3-12x50 Illuminated which is significantly cheaper than the Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 (I have always used Swarovski previously).

I would appreciate any views on the quality and light gathering, as i haven't had the opportunity to trial the Ziess scope to date.

Kind regards,

JMc
    I had a look at the Duralyt illuminated last Autumn and was able to compare it outdoors with the more expensive Victory range and also my existing S&B(fixed power,non-illuminated). I was most impressed by the Duralyt and I am saving up for one now. atb Tim

It's cheaper for a reason, you are comparing a Ford Anglia with a Lexus there mate!

I was told by a ziess rep that thay dont have as many coating on the lenses and the blueing is not so deep that all he told me

Zeiss make some tremendous scopes but their Duralyt range is their entry level range. Swarvorski don't have an entry level range of scopes. For the money Duralyt are O.K. but as with many things in life you only get what you pay for hence the difference in price.

I have a Duralyt, at the moment, as soon as I have the cash I will be changing to a Swarovski Z6.

As most others have said they are cheap for a reason but also they are damn good.

Yep
    I also looked at the duralyt, for a long time and kept going back, nice piece of kit, I couldn't run to a z6 i at over 2k

Found a new 2.5 x 10 x 56 S&B zenith illuminated, really made up with the quality of build and the glass is phenomenal, probably saved 500 squidlys against a swaro I am over the moon with it.

+ 1 more - you only get what you pay for and scopes are no exception - I am very pleased with the S&B

I've got one, and I'm very happy with it. Eye relief is good, exit pupil is good, optics are clear, reticle suits me, seems well built. I've not missed with it yet, nor have I had to let a shot pass because I couldn't see the quarry. It does everything I need it to.
    Purely my own opinion, and I know there are lots of Swaro fans out there, but personally I can't see what a Swaro has that is worth paying more than double for. <dons tin hat>

i have one and love it it is on my .308 witch i use for boar and i only shoot boar under the light of a full moon and it gives a cristal clear view and also have a ziess classic witch is good but know better and a swaro 3-9x36 witch i just dont like get one you wont regret it

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    I know there are lots of Swaro fans out there, but personally I can't see what a Swaro has that is worth paying more than double for. <dons tin hat>
    Apart from the undisputed quality of the optics and superb design, it's things like this http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...-again....-and . They've always been excellent at directly supplying things like lost objective covers, rainshields, spotting scope tripod handle whenever I've asked - all F.O.C. And as you can see on that thread, even major rebuilds of older kit is often F.O.C. - so I'm hoping my own 20 year old SL 8x56s with a chipped lens will receive the same treatment.