Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 150 to go to work

150 to go to work

Ambulance drivers/technicians to be paid 150 extra to work through tea breaks and save lifes...
    they must be holding the goverment to ransome and costing lifes for 150

No they're not. They have a contract for undisturbed breaks- a contractual right, placed into the contract by the NHS trust on employment of the staff. The trust(s) are now buying out that right.

It's not the employees fault!
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

I'm sorry but I think if the government don't employ enough people to do the job properly then it is only reasonable that they compensate those they do employ for making them do the job of more than one person. It is also the case that this isn't just a tea break it might be their only chance to nip to the toilet, or make a phone call to sort out some aspect of their lives. We are not talking about people who sit in an office all day surfing the internet and scratching themselves.

You might argue that the occasional interupted tea break isn't such a big thing but I've worked in an industry where that soon expanded to never getting a meal break, and then to longer and longer working days, and then to shorter and shorter breaks between shifts.

These people are working under considerable stress and pressure as it is and it is only right for both their health and their performance on the job that they get a break to have something to eat especially if night shift working and irregular hour working is involved as this don't half screw with your digestive system. Personally I'd give them 1,500 for a disturbed meal break as maybe that would tip the balance towards employing enough people to cover the actual shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by widu13 View Post
    No they're not. They have a contract for undisturbed breaks- a contractual right, placed into the contract by the NHS trust on employment of the staff. The trust(s) are now buying out that right.

It's not the employees fault!
    sorry i am on probation so can't respond but i am allowed to say gobbledegoook

hope nobody thinks that they drive round for 8 hrs aday just saving lifes,they are just same as fireman,only go out when they get called.stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Undisturbed tea breaks I wish, it has nothing to do with employing enough staff,it's about having there rest breaks at the stated times, and the current pay freeze, no paramedic would refuse a call as they are on tea breaks so they will carry on as usual but with a pay rise.

Haven't seen any fire appliances parked on "outstations" lately!, seen plenty of ambulance crews trying to make the best of it down some god forsaken laybye, just cos it's handy for the motorway or local rat run.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Two people in 6 months have died in Scotland as a direct result of this scenario. I hope whoever declined to drive or assist thinks about this every single time they pick up their next 150. I hope it buys them peace of mind and a clear conscience in this world and that they are suitably rewarded in the next.
    Will the telephone exchange operators now honestly tell you that you will have to wait twenty minutes for service for the stroke victim because the driver has to finish his soup. I doubt it, the victims will be fobbed off and the truth will only come out in an inquiry.
    Life boats, air sea rescue, air ambulance all manage to do their job on demand, when it's needed and till the job is done. The difference is they are civilians without unions working as a calling/vocation rather than just doing a job. This country has a sick work ethic personified by striking nurses and firemen and till we get our head round the necessity to earn our money well and to serve with humility we always be a laughing stock to the developing world.

Well I'd give them a conscience that while there sitting on there arse eating there dinner someone is dead or dieing due to there actions and the were holding you to ransom ideology.

They have plenty of down time I see them everyday in laybys and at the roll shop and in hospital car parks while working ,designated tea breaks for those that work in factories etc BUT not on jobs such as these it should be take it when you can get it thing .

Could imagine the Army on a hot contact and the soldiers shouting its tea break time, Aye right .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Well I'd give them a conscience that while there sitting on there arse eating there dinner someone is dead or dieing due to there actions and the were holding you to ransom ideology.

They have plenty of down time I see them everyday in laybys and at the roll shop and in hospital car parks while working ,designated tea breaks for those that work in factories etc BUT not on jobs such as these it should be take it when you can get it thing .

Could imagine the Army on a hot contact and the soldiers shouting its tea break time, Aye right .
    That's the thread stopped now Ws has spoken