Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x56 T IR or Schmidt & Bender PM11 3-12X56 IR

Cumbrian 1

I have ordered a 7 x 64mm CZ american with a spare sythetic stock, the rifle will mainly be used on the hill and for hunting abroad. I will have a vari comb installed in the wooden stock and a karsten adjustable cheek piece on the synthetic stock so that I can always get proper scope alignment.

Even though the rifle will mainly be used for hunting I do like to do some target work out to 800yds, I can not decide between the Zeiss or S&B. I have a conquest with target turrets and really like the scope but I would like an illuminated recticle, my only reservations about the Zeiss is that for a hunting scope the minmum magnifiction of 6 maybe too high if a running shot was required or a close shot. Help!

that's what I call a "luxury problem" - but it's an easy answer: listen carefully, buy the S&B and send me the conquest, PM me for my address, you will have done a good christian deed and made a poor man's day;)

I think you've answered your own question. Choose the scope which will suit the rifle for the majority of what you do. Forgive this, but if you're looking at these sorts of scopes, I'm sure you have the means to have another dedicated scope (also in QD mounts) for the target work as and when you need it.

BTW, between the two I'd go Zeiss for my preference, but free choice for what you're asking for - neither. Swarovski Z6i 2.5-15x56 BT. No brainer IMO.....:D

I use the conquest quite a bit for hunting and lamping on two of my rifles. I have shot running deer with it and deer under 20yds.
For fast close range shooting 1.5-2.5 at low mag end would be better. I just grab my other rifle with a 2.5-10x50 if we do heavy cover.
For every thing else the 6-20 x50 is ok. Maybe get a second, short range rifle.
edi

I will probably go with the Zeiss as it has a 30mm tube and can be used with the Talley/Warne quick detach mounts, I have two other CZ550s so I will be able to swap scopes easily.

Though I am not sure as to which reticle I should choose either the illuminated 43 or 60?

the dot on the 60 ret isnt massive but at longer range my cover little targets abit. i have the mildot 43 ret and find the mildots perfect size. there big enough so you dont lose them when hunting.

but small enough not to cover smaller targets at longer range. i wanted the 60 ret but couldn t find one anywhere at the time. i then had the offer of a secondhand one with the 43 ret and took it. I am glad i did i wouldn't change it now.

if you can go have a look at them and see which one you like though

Back