Views:	52 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	11763

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3a7dff84.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	11765

Oh dear!! Seen one shot (under license of course) and upon impact of hitting the ground he spat out an eel!!

Attachment 11848picture of cormarants taken from a lake near the sea under licence the do a lot of damage

Quote Originally Posted by steyrman View Post
    Attachment 11848picture of cormarants taken from a lake near the sea under licence the do a lot of damage
    Funny thing is my fishing club used to get a licence each year, I shot plenty of them and opened them all up, and while the lakes contain good numbers of sizeable fish I never found anything over about 4 inches long in a Cormorant.
    The last few years we have been unable to get a licence as apparently there are not enough in our area to cause us a problem, wonder if that has anything to do with the new wetland management/creation sceme just up the road.
    Mind you looking at their bird count figues Cormorants are the only bird in decline over the last 5 years, wonder why that is

Neil.

This is worth a look and updating with what you see. http://www.cormorantwatch.org/

They are nothing but a bloody pain in the arse. The local fishing club has major problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ELRIG View Post
    This is worth a look and updating with what you see. http://www.cormorantwatch.org/
    It is, I have been uploading sightings since it came on line.

Neil.

I have noticed a rise in numbers over the past 2 years in my area. I saw 5 resting in a tree this morning by the river Stour. I have sure noticed the decline in silver fish on this stretch, the perch have also not been seen in the numbers I'm used to either...